Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Recommendation for 3 star hotel in Grindelwald

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 05:18 AM
Troy

Hello,<BR><BR>I am planning a 4 night stay in Grindelwald in mid September. I am looking for recommendations for a 3 star hotel in Grindelwald. Thanks.<BR><BR>Troy

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 06:56 AM
Bob C

We have stayed at the Hotel Cabana 3 times. http://www.cabana-grindelwald.ch/e_default.htm<BR>Also check Grindelwald web site: http://www.grindelwald.ch/

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 12:17 PM
mbln74a

Hi Troy, we stayed at Hotel Fiescherblick and it was great. We ate in the breakfast area several times too, good soups, salads, etc. This hotel is toward the Wetterhorn from town, out of the thick of traffic & crowds..and the views of the Eiger are fabulous. Also across the street is a great market/bakery for picnic supplies. You can easily walk into town, to restaurants, to lifts, to bahnhof from the hotel.<BR>I'd recommend this hotel for location & comfort & I'd return there in a heartbeat. <BR>Enjoy, Linda

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 12:49 PM
Troy

Thanks for your suggestions. Very much appreciated.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 07:07 PM
D. Zemens

We stayed at the Hotel Alpina in the second week of May. What a great location. One short block from the train station, with a gorgeous full view of the Eiger from your balcony. The owner (grandmother type) is wonderful, and her son the executive chef prepares great meals as well. What a great place to stay. I wish I was back there this very moment!