Search

Hotel In Positano Advice in July?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel In Positano Advice in July?

Hello,
we are torn between these hotels, what is most important to us is a nice balcony with a great view, would like a pool but not a must, and thinking that the view towards town is the postcard view. I am hesitant to stay in the town with the opposing view?

These are our options we are torn between: please would love opinions and if we are missing a great option? this is our 10 year anniversary wihtout our kids so want this leg of trip fo r4 nights to be really special

Hotel Marincanto - but only honeymoon suite w indoor jacuzzi available and is lower to beach and more expensive that the other rooms and not many reviews on it

Eden Roc - deluxe junior suite with jacuzzi

hotel palazzo murat - special deluxe double room with 2 balconies in historical wing overlooking sea

Hotel Poseidon - in superior junior suite or funny room (not suite)

Hotel Onda Verde - in priano

Il san pietro di positano - but really is way out of our price range? is it worth it?

hotel buca di bacco - but feel this is low and too close to the beach

thank you kindly
Jennifer
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 05:50 AM

we stayed at the buca di bacco on our honeymoon 8 years ago and thought it was great. had a beautiful large balcony with a great view of the beach and the duomo/town. we were not there for the beach and didn't mind having to walk a little further from the location. i have no problem admitting i am very picky about hotels and this was a great place at the time.
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 07:01 AM
ekc

I rented an apartment that had the same views as Hotel Poseidon (just across the street) and I would highly recommend it. We were there the last week of June and it was HOT and higher up meant you had a light breeze much of the time. The views are fantastic - you can see the sun rise over the mountains in the morning and the lights of the town at night.
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 07:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've stayed at the Palazzo Murat and can recommend it. It's in the right place in the centre of Positano near the top of the walkway down to the beach and our room had a fantastic view over the town and sea.

Breakfast was excellent and dinner in the garden is a great experience. It's not a cheap choice but well worth it.
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 03:56 AM

I totally agree with Rubicond that Palazzo Murat is the best choice to live Positano in a very charming way. Even being in the centre of Positano thanks to the garden that surrounds the palace I had a very quiet stay. www.palazzomurat.it/
Old Apr 14th, 2013, 03:12 PM
WWK

We stayed in The funny Suite at the Hotel Poseidon last year. The views from the roof are breathtaking, and it was quite private up there since there are only a few rooms on that side of the hotel.
Old Apr 14th, 2013, 03:40 PM

Stayed at Il San Pietro and it's supremely beautiful. If you could swing at least one night - do it. Or maybe you could have a splash-out dinner there.
Old Apr 14th, 2013, 04:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
What? No Le Sirenuse?

If you're thinking of San Pietro, it ought to be on your short list.
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 09:54 AM
Original Poster

we cant afford Il san pietro or le sirenuse at this point with a nice balcony, we would like a room with a view. trying to stay at 550 E the most a night. Thank you for all your replies.

Has anyone stayed at Hotel L'Ancora, this hotel is right next to Le Sirenuse and has the same view.?
The junior suite room, has a jacuzzi on a very large balcony that Looks amazing. Does not have a pool or the amenities of a bar etc. But is the sister hotel of Covo dei Saraceni also in positano.

Palazzo Murat seems to be beautiful and is on the top of our list, we were looking at a special deluxe room in the old part of the hotel w 2 small balconies. But it looks like the view is not as great here? although the grounds/rooms look beautiful.

Posiedon looks great too alot of diff room types but was hoping to stay on the other side so our view is of the main town positano from our balcony? do you think this doesnt matter? this hotel has no cancellation policy as well

the eden roc has this view and gets amazing reviews on trip advisor but for some reason doesnt appeal to me as much. maybe being on the street. not sure why.
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 10:51 AM
WWK

I'm a big fan of The Poseidon. Going back in July. The views are spectacular from most rooms. You get the mountains, a church or two, and the beach. And from that high up, there's much more to see than there is at ground level. Also a big plus: You are away from the crowds in town. It's unbelievable how quiet and serene it feels once you are in the hotel or your room.

Palazzo Murat is beautiful, but right in the middle of everything for better or worse. During the day, hordes of tourists wander by that area. If that doesn't bug you, fine. But if it does, you might want to look elsewhere.
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 11:11 AM

We stayed at Hotel Marincanto last August, and it was magical. We had a room overlooking the water with its own private deck (with a handheld shower in a wine barrel on the deck!) Ours was a Family Suite, as we were with our two teenage sons. I'm sure the Honeymoon suite would be lovely. The people at the hotel were wonderful, and the food was amazing. It was not as expensive as Le Sirenuse, but is only about 100 yards up the street so I imagine the views at least are about the same. I'd highly recommend it. Happy Anniversary!
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 11:45 AM

Another big fan of the Poseidon here. In addition to the great views, you will get a very nice pool, great service, and exceptionally good food.
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 12:05 PM
ekc

I think the view from the Poseidon side of town is better, as you have a nice view of the Duomo and its entrance, so you may see various wedding parties. If you are up early enough, you can also see the sunrise over the mountains, which you wouldn't be able to see on the other side of town.