Recommend renting an apartment in Paris for a magical vacation

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2008, 04:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After many years of travelling to Paris for business and pleasure, staying in hotels, I thought I'd seen it all. So when a friend recommended taking a vacation rental apartment from www.parisperfect.com, I thought why not - and I'm so glad we tried it. I'll never go back to hotels again!

We had a wonderful experience in Paris! Their Paris rental apartments truly are 'perfect' and our vacation was made all the more special by the wonderful service we experienced from the local staff. Our vacation apartment really felt like our 'home in Paris' from the minute we arrived. Before we got there, we received an extensive information packet really whetted our appetite before we even arrived in Paris - and having Carolyn on hand to share her tips to ensure we got the most out of our stay. Our stunning apartment had the most spectacular view of the Eiffel Tower and our children used every trick in the book to be allowed to stay up to see the light show - much better than television!
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 04:56 AM

Yeah, apartments are really a good choice, and cheaper, as you don't have to go to restaurants every meal!
But be careful with photoshoped photos, it can lie... there is this new website: www.myvideoplanet.com , where they have videos of the apartments. It may be a good idea...
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 05:07 AM

That is a really neat site! Thanks
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 06:47 AM
Original Poster

Good advice on photos on the web. However, as far as www.parisperfect.com is concerned, I would say the photos are not as good as the real vacation rentals themselves - I was lucky enough to see a couple of other apartments - and I'll definitely be back to stay with them another time.

That's what I really liked about the whole company - they're totally straight with you. High praise from me - and I don't give it lightly!
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 07:14 AM

Hmmm...one-time-only poster.

Sounds like an ad to me.
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 07:36 AM
Original Poster

If you're refering to my comments, I'm not sure what you mean? I never use these message board things, partly because I don't have time (2 children under 2 and not travelling as I used to) and partly because it's quite hard to impress me. I simply thought the service was so good and that after years in hideously small paris hotel rooms, with all the dubious charms of local customer service, it was so refreshing to find an alternative and wished I heard about it before - just trying to do a good turn, that's all! Sorry if I offended anyone.
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 07:38 AM

Having stayed at Paris Perfect apartments, this is what everyone that stays with them says. I don't think this is a one-time poster -- just a Paris Perfect apartments lover!!
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 08:27 AM

You will find it is VERY common for those of us who go to Paris often and for many years that the Paris Perfect have been, and continue to be one of the truly better to rent from. I was in one in Oct. I will be in one in April. I have many friends who also use them.

There are others that are very good also..a couple are www.parisianflat.com
www.parisvacationapartments.com

I have a Parisian Flat in April and a PVA in Sept/Oct.
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 08:33 AM

yeah, right -- you never use these message board things, so you just happened to find this one out of the blue to post an ad about Parisperfect. Who do you think you're kidding.

People periodically post ads for that company, I really don't know why. They seem to have enough fans that do it voluntarily, I really don't know what is up that they feel it necessary to have fake endorsements. The language is obviously bogus and an ad, and I don't know how this comes about -- if they ask you to do it, give you a discount, or what. But it has happened periodically on here and I'm sure is not a coincidence.
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 08:46 AM

I don't think Paris Perfect needs to have fake people soliciting their apartments. They have a pretty steady volume of clients..in spite of what have become quite pricey. Parisian Flat is not cheap, nor is Paris Vacation Apts....I think Paris Vacation Apts. are a good buy..they have all the concierge services, plus a laptop.

I have no idea about this person, but I do know Paris Perfect owners to be of very fine reputation, in every regard.
Joan
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 09:30 AM
cw

Seems unlikely that Paris Perfect has to have people make fake reviews for them. Their clients all seem to be very happy and I've never seen any significant criticism of the agency or the apartments.

I agree with Gracejoan about this. And I also second her endorsement of parisian flat and PVA. We've stayed with both and were very happy. PVA especially gives great value for the cost.

What I was wondering is why SarahC was accused of advertising and not Stef_DNA who's every post but one, has been to recommend myvideoplanet.
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 09:49 AM

Stef_DNA, please also follow site rules about no posting of ads at this site.
Old Feb 18th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Original Poster

I'm somewhat astonished by Christina's comments. My English (I am English, with a reasonable education and grasp of my own language and grammar) has never been described as 'bogus' before. As I realise that this is predominantly an American English site, I did modify my vocabulary for the benefit of other readers.

I am also not accustommed to having my actions and motivations questioned by a total stranger - I was not aware that I had to ask Christina's permission or abide by her rules regarding what I choose to write.

However, I would like to set a couple of things straight: I have not been asked by the owners of www.parisperfect.com to write this post, neither have I received a discount or any other encouragement. Quite simply, staying in their apartment was a superb experience and when I spoke to some friends about it, they suggested that I post my experience on the internet so that others may benefit.

This was my first time at posting something online and frankly I am not encouraged to share my experiences with such suspicious and unfriendly as Christina. As it seems my views are not welcome here, perhaps someone elsecould recommend a similar website that is a little more welcoming and receptive to genuine endorsements of companies that deliver?

Old Feb 18th, 2008, 07:59 AM

Don't worry, SarahC27, I believe you. How rude for people to accuse and assume - shame on you all! I too post very rarely, when I feel I want to share. Why have to get burned in the process?
Old Feb 18th, 2008, 08:02 AM

Sarah, the site looks wonderful, but it seems a bit pricey. I need a 3 bedroom and theirs were coming in at 3,240 euros.....whoa! Thanks the for the link, and I will keep it in my faves.
Old Feb 18th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Original Poster

Hi Judy - yes, they are expensive. But I do believe you get what you pay for - especially in Paris! In the past, I would have been prepared to risk a low-cost option, but since having the children - I fully appreciate the peace of mind that goes with high quality offerings like this and I think it's good value for money. Hope you have a super time in the City of Lights!
Old Feb 18th, 2008, 08:29 AM
ldh

Thank you SarahC27.
I'm another believer that you needn't be a "regular" for your experiences to be valuable. Not everyone has the time to make this site a part of their daily routine. I'm sure some only find it while planning a particular trip, and some may visit more regularly but not post until they think they have something to add. Either way, those that can and do contribute their hard earned experience are hugely appreciated.

That said, it is also valuable to know that the occasional self-promoting post may appear, and "djkbooks" provides a service by bringing up that possibility. That gives a reader the chance to research something a little more in depth to satisfy themselves that a recommendation has some back up.

Hope you keep coming back Sarah, there is so much to be learned from the people on this site, and after travelling to Paris for years, I bet you also have plenty to share.
ldh
Old Feb 18th, 2008, 09:47 AM

SarahC27 - Thanks for the info for apt. rental.

Old Feb 18th, 2008, 10:03 AM

Hi Sarah C27,
Thank you for posting about the Paris Apartment. We tried to rent from them for this summer, but the apartment we could afford was taken. We are renting from LondonPerfect the following week, and they have been wonderful to deal with.

One comment about photoshopping (another poster brought this up in a reply) - when I was researching Paris apartments, I narrowed my choices down to a few. On close inspection, however, I noticed that one of the apartments' photos had been photoshopped (an extension cord that was clearly visible in the wide shot had rather clumsily been photoshopped out of the close up shot). I realize it was just an extension cord, but it did make me wonder what else they might try to "cover up", so I rejected that apartment.

Bottom line, though, is that nothing beats an honest personal endorsement. I hope the apartment we are renting this summer turns out as great as your ParisPerfect experience!

Old Feb 18th, 2008, 10:24 AM
cw

SarahC27,

Thanks for coming back and replying. Don't get discouraged by one bad response.

Attynymom. Thanks for the photoshopping comment. Now I'll look for missing extension cords!

CW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -