Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Recommend for London hotel or B&B requested

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 10:03 PM
Diane

Tried a search, but can't seem to get results. So, I'll throw the question out:
I'm doing some research for a friend who is going to London in August with family. My friend is accustomed to moderately priced hotels and B&Bs, preferably in the "charming" category, bath en suite. The family members she is traveling with are accustomed to the ultra-luxury, expensive sort of hotel, and they are willing to to compromise to make this trip work well for everyone involved. What hotel's or B&Bs would you recommend that might bring a compromise here? Needless to say, in August they will want air-conditioning in a central location. Thanks in advance.

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 10:06 PM
Diane

Before someone pounces on my post I'll correct myself. I meant to say Recommendation in the title, and the hotel should be in a central location, not the air-conditioning.

Old Jul 21st, 2001, 04:43 AM
janis

There are literally scores of places in London which could be a happy medium between charming, samll and ultra luxury. There are many smal, cozy but delux properties.

I am reluctant to make recommendations tho' w/o knowing what kind of price range you are looking for. In London there could literally be hundreds of pounds per night difference.

Old Jul 22nd, 2001, 09:15 PM
Diane

For lack of knowing what will be required in the way of cost to reach a compromise, I'll request advice on rooms around 100-130 pounds.

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 03:50 AM
JOdy

Our favorite is ASTER HOUSE in S. Ken., in fact it was just named by the London Tourist Board as the Best B&B of year 2001. we have stayed there for years and love it. Spotlessly clean, good sized rooms, individual a/c and heat in rooms, totally non-smoking, and just all round pleasing. I think their website is
www.Asterhouse.com , if thats not right I'll come back to corrrect it.

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 11:27 AM
Diane

Funny you should mention the Aster House. That is the only property recommended by a friend who honeymooned there years ago. It must be something special. Thanks for the advise.