Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Reasonable Cost Hotel near Frankfurt Airport

Old Jul 23rd, 1999, 05:01 AM
John

We get in to Frankfurt airport at 7:00 am and need to get some sleep...after the long flight from Detroit....any suggestions..?? <BR> <BR>John

Old Jul 23rd, 1999, 09:48 AM
Bob

There is a Sheraton Hotel at the airport. Just walk across the elevated sidewalk and you are in the lobby. You did not say if you would be renting a car. We ususally arrive Frankfurt at the same time and head out. Heidelberg is only about 1 hour south and the Rhine River area only about 1 hour west. Both have nice places to stay if you have the car and can handle a one hour drive. If not, just go to the Sheraton or the Steigenberger nearby....neither of which will be inexpensive. I would vote on heading out of the area. If you need names for either town, just email me.

Old Jul 23rd, 1999, 09:49 AM
Bob

There is a Sheraton Hotel at the airport. Just walk across the elevated sidewalk and you are in the lobby. You did not say if you would be renting a car. We ususally arrive Frankfurt at the same time and head out. Heidelberg is only about 1 hour south and the Rhine River area only about 1 hour west. Both have nice places to stay if you have the car and can handle a one hour drive. If not, just go to the Sheraton or the Steigenberger nearby....neither of which will be inexpensive. I would vote on heading out of the area. If you need names for either town, just email me.

Old Jul 23rd, 1999, 12:15 PM
Richard

John, The Sheraton is handy, but by our standards very expensive. We stayed there in mid-May because we had an early flight home and it was over $200.00, breakfast not included! Weisbaden is a short drive away, about 30 mins. and has good hotels as well as restaurants and a nice pedestrian only zone. A lot of American servicemen stationed nearby so English is no problem (also true of most of Germany).

Old Jul 24th, 1999, 06:47 AM
John

Thanks....all.. <BR> <BR>We will plan on just getting the car..and go somewhere close to sleep...hoping we slept some on the plane...get in at 7am.. <BR> <BR>John

Old Jul 24th, 1999, 09:12 PM
deepa

There is a 3 star type hotel about 10 minutes or so from the airport. They have a pick-up bus to and from the airport every few minutes. It was very convenient and under US$100 per night. Do a search for the 'Achat Langen'hotel and you should get the contact details. If not, email me. <BR>

Old Jul 25th, 1999, 05:45 AM
bo_jack

Last year we used the Hotel National for "crash" purposes in Frankfurt. It is a relatively short taxi ride from the Airport, but may be very well located depending on your subsequent plans. Just a couple of blocks from a Hertz office and very near the main train station. A short walk from a nice park on the river. Also, not too far to walk into the center of the old part of the city. Cost about $100 per night last year. Room was available when we got there about 9:00 AM. It is part of the Best Western Group of Hotels, so you can make reservations easily from the US (if that is your location).

Old Jul 29th, 1999, 08:16 PM
D&L

John, <BR>

Old Jul 29th, 1999, 08:28 PM
D&L

John, <BR>We have some great suggestions, such as Eberbach, Hirschhorn, Wurzburg or Raunheim. We usually can keep our eyes open long enough to get to those towns. We'll bring you some more info on Saturday! Bis bald.

Old Aug 9th, 1999, 09:06 PM
maryann hensinger

this past april we stayed in the Top Post Hotel (i think that's the name). it was recommended by someone on this forum. it was about 10 min from the frankfurt airport, and they provided shuttle service free of charge. they were very accomodating there. they even gave us a ride to the train station, so we didn't have to walk. i think the price of the hotel was around 100.00. please e mail me if u want further information