Notices

Reaching Rome on May day

Mar 13th, 2015, 03:52 AM
Original Poster

Reaching Rome on May day

Hi all,
I really need you guys to plan this. I will be reaching Rome on 1st May 2015. And booked a hotel for one day near roma termini station. My flight to greece is on next day evening 6:30 pm. Now May day happens to be a holiday. So i will be missing out on the Vatican city, the Colleseum as well as the Pantheon i guess. So please suggest what all places i can cover. And next day since flight is at 6:30 so if i can utilise one half of the day atleast. The check out from my hotel is again at 10 am in the morning. So little confused. Will i be able to keep my luggage somewhere and then move around.
Mar 13th, 2015, 07:31 AM

You should be able to see the Pantheon, at least for part of the day on May 1st. Also you'd be able to visit St. Peter's Basilica that day, because it's a religious feast and all churches (including the Pantheon) will be open.

In my opinion, you really don't have enough time in Rome to think of visiting the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, which will be insanely crowded on the 2nd, anyway.

You could visit the Colosseum, if you like, on the 2nd. That will also be mobbed, because of having been closed the day before, so you might want to buy the ticket online:

http://www.coopculture.it/en/colosseo-e-shop.cfm

Otherwise, you can admire it from the outside without going in.

Most hotels will hold your bags after checkout, so you should have no problem with a little sightseeing the next day. Since your hotel is near Termini station, you can easily pick the bags up before leaving for the airport.

Search this Thread