Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Ravello, Italy in early November - worth it?

Old May 23rd, 2022, 12:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm considering booking a group trip to Ravello, Italy which runs October 28-November 2. This would be my first time in Italy and at the Amalfi Coast, and I'm wondering how the weather will be then and if I'll get the full experience of the coast. The group organizes all meals and experiences, so I'm not as worried about some things being shut down for the season because all activities will be planned for me. And this itinerary is less about sitting on the beach and more about experiencing the different towns on the coast, hiking, etc. However, I still care about having decent weather and getting the "feel" of the place (don't care for the massive crowds but also don't want it to be totally dead). Has anyone been this time of year and would you say it's worth it?

(Also, this might be a stretch, but if anyone has any private drivers they recommend in the Amalfi area, I'm looking at booking a day trip to the village where my family is from, which is 2 hours away from Ravello)
Old May 23rd, 2022, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We were in Atrani end April and went up to Ravello for the day, itís just gorgeous, as is the whole coast. Of course I have no idea what it would be like so late in the year, the folks organizing your tour should have more information. I do know that ferries work on a limited schedule off season, can also be cancelled when the seas are rough. But I presume the Sita buses will run as scheduled.

Re private drivers, we used Transferelax for transfers from Naples to Atrani and back, reasonably priced and efficient. You may want to contact them for a quote.

Transferelax
www.transferelax.com
[email protected]
[email protected]
📞 and whatsapp
+39 334 9118655
+39 3664373543
Sorrento - Italy