Reload this Page >

Rain day suggestions in Umbria/Tuscany?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 10:00 AM
Carol

We're also leaving for this area in 3 weeks, and since everyone has been talking about so much rain in Italy, I'm up for suggestions of best outings, or rather, inside ativities...<BR><BR>We've seen the major museums in Florence, which is the best rainy day activity I could think of. <BR><BR>thanks all!

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 10:12 AM
xxx

Try a cooking class. We took one with an individual who offers them out of her home...<BR><BR>[email protected]<BR><BR>Can't really "schedule" it on a rainy day, but we had a great time.

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 10:32 AM
Alice Twain

Museums are not only in Florence. There are museums (some are really good) all over Tuscany and in Umbria too. If you can read italian, look for a book called "Musei in Toscana", you may find it for free at the Tourist office (Atp) in Florence. This book lists all the museums in Tuscany, some of the are smallish but unique, as for instance (in the Pistoia area) the museum of farming traditions, with several expositive area across the country near Pistoia.

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 10:57 AM
deb

If you fancy a bit of relaxation & pampering, you could go to Montecatini Terme and spend a few hours in one of the spas. I stayed in Montecatini Terme in June this year and experienced some freak weather (torrential downpours) so decided to take to the spas for a few hours and had a wonderful massage, pedicure and spa bath. I went to the Terme Excelsior, which had beautiful, serene rooms, and so would highly recommend, although there are lots of spas to choose from in the town. Just to finish it off you could walk 200yards down the street from the spa and have a glorious lunch at La Cascina.....wish I was back there now! Take a look at www.termemontecatini.it for more information on the spas, and if you're interested in the restaurant: www.lacascinadimontecatiniterme.it<BR>Have fun!