Rail map of Baden-Wurttemberg?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yesterday I saw that Russ had posted a site for the Bavarian rail map. I spent an hour or so trying to locate the B-W one. I was determined but failed. Please, Russ, or someone take pity on me and post the address so I can find it.
Is there any possibility that the B-W day ticket goes to Strasbourg (like the Bavarian one goes to Salzburg?) I'm avoiding 'lander' since I still can't type an umlaut. Sorry.
Thanks for all of your help! CJ
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 11:09 AM

The map is here: http://www.bahn.de/regional/view/mdb...ue_09_2010.pdf

Strasbourg is unfortunately not included, validitiy ends at the border, so you need an additional ticket from Kehl to Strasbourg. But the line to Basel SBB is included.

(*whispers* There is an alternative spelling for the Umlaut in "Länder": insert an extra e, make it "Laender", and you have it perfectly correct. Works the same way with the other two: ü = ue, ö = oe.)
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Original Poster

Quokka, thank you so much! Now, do you think there is a Bahn office in Strasbourg? Or do we need to get off of the train in Kehl to buy the Laender ticket? I really appreciate this info. You have helped me before. We are going to Munderkingen so my sister-in-law can visit the town of her ancestors. It looks like a neat town. We are really excited about our visit there. Thanks again, CJ
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 07:47 PM

If you're starting in Strasbourg, I sincerely doubt you can buy a B-W ticket at the station there. If you're anywhere in Germany prior to Strasbourg, buy the B-W ticket for your date of travel in advance and hang onto it. Or buy it online in advance. You certainly don't want to have to get off in Kehl. You'll likely have a 1-hour wait there if you do.
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Russ. That's what I thought but was hoping it would be like Salzburg. CJ
Old Apr 16th, 2011, 09:36 AM

You can buy and print the Baden-Württemberg ticket online from this page: http://www.bahn.de/i/view/USA/en/pri...r-ticket.shtml That's probably the easiest way to obtain it for your situation. Take care to enter the correct date.