Racing at Longchamp?

Feb 12th, 2011, 09:19 AM
eic
Original Poster

Racing at Longchamp?

Does anyone know if there will be racing at Longchamp in Paris on May 22 this year? Any information on admissions, attire, what races are running, etc. would be very helpful and appreciated!
Feb 12th, 2011, 09:48 AM

Take a look at www.france-galop.com. When you reach the website you can get an English version. If you google longchamp race course many ticket sites pop up. (The only reason I know this is that I like the Longchamp handbags and was interested in the history of the course.)
Feb 12th, 2011, 12:24 PM

eic:

I just went on the French racing website that Lynnaustin cited. They changed the site a few years ago, for the poorer. It used to be easier to navigate.

In any event, there is racing at Longchamp on May 22. The usual high-quality racing, including two Group 1 races (the highest class) — the Prix D'Ispahan (for older horses) and the Prix Saint-Alery (for 3-year-olds), and a Group 2, in addition to a couple of non-group handicap races. There are eight races, as usual, in all. The day's racing begins around 1pm. Dress is casual, and admission is very reasonable. If they have their "dimanche du galop" offerings, sponsored by the group that runs French racing, Sunday admission will be free. Longchamp is a beautiful setting, so if the sun is out, there should be 15,000 to 20,000 fans. The infield at Longchamp is open and families picnic there, and there are wagering windows as well.

Are you staying in Paris? You can take a convenient bus (navette) from a metro stop near the edge of the Bois that will take you right to the race course.
Feb 12th, 2011, 06:37 PM
eic
Original Poster

Thank you both!

I did look at the website earlier and also found it difficult to navigate! I'm glad you figured it out. We are staying in Paris, so I'll definitely look the metro situation up!

Search this Thread