Notices

Quick Trip to Normandy

Jul 14th, 2014, 04:57 PM
Original Poster

Quick Trip to Normandy

We're planning a very short trip to Normandy in October. We leave on Monday the 13th and return on Sunday the 19th. The brevity of the trip is dictated by the need to fit it in between my grandson's birthday and his half term holidays.

My proposed itinerary is as follows:

Ferry to Cherbourg, arriving at 1:45. Pick up a rental car, but apparently not until 3:00 pm.

Drive to Avranches and spend Monday night.

Get up early on Tuesday and drive to Mont Saint-Michel. I'm use a lightweight mobility scooter, so I don't expect to be able to do much, but I do at least want to set foot on the Mont.

Drive to Honfleur for Tuesday and Wednesday night.

Drive to Bayeux for the last three nights, returning to Cherbourg on Sunday to take the ferry back to the UK.

I'd love to have comments on the feasibility and wisdom of this plan.
Jul 14th, 2014, 06:38 PM

Just returned from a British Isles cruise where we had 10 hours in Normandy. We left from LeHavre with a guide who showed the 7 of us a great day of the D Day related sites from 8:30-6:30. We spent 10 minutes in Honfleur, it was adorable, I have to go back. I wish you a great trip!
Jul 14th, 2014, 08:24 PM

this all seems fine as the driving distances are within reason. When in Bayeux, take a trip to nearby Caen and go to the wonderful Peace Museum there,, the best WWII museum in France

for the visit to Mont St Michel look at the website information for visitors with mobility disability

http://www.bienvenueaumontsaintmiche...uced-mobility-

Search this Thread