I am going to be spending time in Belgium and the Netherlands after a mission trip in Tanzania this July. I plan on having 5 days in each area.
I will be based out of Brussels--got a good deal on a studio apartment. I am looking forward to seeing some museums (more in Amsterdam), "soaking in the culture and history", people watching, enjoying the different foods--definitely the chocolate!
I was planning on going to spend a day each in Antwerp, Bruges, Ghent/Ypres, Brussels. Is it worth it to go to Luxembourg for a day. It is a 3 hour train ride each way from Brussels. Any other advice on places that I need to see or not to worry about?
And talking about trains..when I was looking on the Belgian rail website--they have some different rail passes. There is a 10 single rail pass--does that just work in Belgium or would that work for for all the places it goes to--like Luxembourg? Also there was a network railpass that you could get for a week--and was wondering if that would work for going to Luxembourg?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TOSHIBA PRINTER @ I8OO*68I*72O8 in$tallation CONTACT TOSHIBA Tec*h 24/7
- 2 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 3 Malaga Christmas lights
- 4 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 5 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 6 tinnitus
- 7 Tips for first trip to UK
- 8 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 9 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 10 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 11 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 12 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 13 London vacation rental agency
- 14 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 15 Scotland ideas
- 16 land vs river cruise
- 17 The World's Greatest Churches
- 18 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 19 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 20 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 21 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 22 Trans Siberian Train
- 23 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 24 South of France
- 25 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days