Just a few quick questions about a trip I have this summer with my husband (age 28) for our first time to Europe!
1. Is two nights in Venice enough to get a nice feel of the city or do we need a 3rd?
2. We were thinking of visiting Pompeii but not quite sure how/where to go from. We will be doing the following Paris (4 nights) - Venice (2-3 nights) - Florence (3 nights) - Positano (4-5 nights) - Rome (3 nights). All city to city transportation by train (except from Paris to Venice of course!)
3. From Florence, would we take a train to Salerno then ferry to Positano? Or is there a different option that is better?
4. Day Trips:
a) We were thinking of doing a day trip from Florence to Cinque Terre (guided) and another day trip to Tuscany for a vespa wine tour (also guided). Is Florence the best location to do these from?
b) We also were thinking of a day trip to Capri from Positano. Any thoughts?
5. Should we be looking at 4 nights or 5 in Positano? We wanted to relax, swim, etc but we are unsure whether this is the best location as it is high season. We are open to suggestions.
How much on average should we budget for food everyday? Some of the places do have breakfast, but we will likely do sandwiches and grazing throughout the day and then a nicer dinner (with wine of course!) Would averaging 130$ a day be enough (2500 for the 18-19 day trip)?
7. We are planning to be in Paris for Bastille. Just was curious what this was like? Is it a big deal with lots of festivities?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which Area in London?
- 2 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 3 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 4 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 5 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 6 family trip to Germany and more
- 7 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 8 Trains - website?
- 9 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 10 Paris Apartment
- 11 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 12 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 13 Barcelona to Malaga
- 14 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 15 Milan airport--which one
- 16 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 17 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 18 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 19 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 20 1st time to Europe
- 21 Paris November 2017
- 22 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 23 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 24 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 25 St, Goar or Bacharach
Questions about Rome, Venice, Florence, Positano and Paris