Hope you can help me choose the best option for train travel in mid-April. We'll be traveling from Sintra to Porto, and I realize we'll have to transit Lisbon, but I want to do so in the most straightforward way, as we'll have a lot of luggage. I reviewed the www.cp.pt website, and it looks as if we could take an Urbano train from Sintra to Lisbon Oriente (46 minutes) and then the AP train from Lisbo Oriente to Porto (2 hrs 35 min). That seems like the best bet (otherwise we're taking a train from Sintra to Lisbon's Rossio Station and then lugging all our bags to the Santa Apolonia Station where most of the trains to Porto originate).
Does this make sense (Sintra-Lisboa Oriente-Porto), and is there anything else I should consider? On the CP website it looks like they don't allow a lot of time between trains at the Oriente station - are the Urbano trains generally on time? I plan to purchase the tickets ahead of time online, although I'm not sure I can buy the Urbano ticket in advance...perhaps just the AP train. Also welcome any thoughts re: whether it's worth it to upgrade to first class on the AP trains. Appreciate your help and any other suggestions you might have!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL 1800:681:7208 Password Reset Contact AOL Tec*h Supp0rt Care
- 2 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 3 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 6 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 7 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 8 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 9 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 10 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 11 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 12 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 13 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 14 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 15 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 16 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 17 Driving
- 18 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 19 GTG Paris December 2017
- 20 Paris or Rome dinner recommendations
- 21 Malaga Christmas lights
- 22 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 23 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 24 Poland--where else to go
- 25 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond