Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Question re: dropping rental car off in Dublin-please advise

Question re: dropping rental car off in Dublin-please advise

Jan 25th, 2005, 06:37 AM
Original Poster

Question re: dropping rental car off in Dublin-please advise

Hi All,

As you may have read on my previous posts, my husband and I are flying into Shannon, renting a car, driving around, and then driving to Dublin for the last few days of our trip, where we will fly out from. We want to drop the car off at the rental shop as soon as we arrive near or around Dublin, as we don't want to drive much in the city. After we drop the car off, we need to get into the city (via cab or other means) for two more days. In terms of the rental car,we have a few options of drop off locations: the airport, Dublin City (Santry), or Dublin North. Could someone answer the following questions: How far is the airport from the city, and how much would a cab cost from the airport into the city? Second, how far is Dublin City (Santry) from the rest of the city? Is this on the outskirts of the city? That said, where's the easiest place to drop off the rental car in or around Dublin? Thanks so much!
Lull
Jan 25th, 2005, 07:02 AM

I wouldn't call Santry "Dublin City" - it's practically beside the airport. I would say the easiest would be to drop it at the airport. You will find the airport easily from the M50 (which you will find easily on your way towards Dublin). From the airport you will easily get a taxi, an aircoach or a public bus.

I'd say a taxi would cost about €20 from the airport to the city.

The aircoach (www.aircoach.ie) is €7 single or €12 return.

A regular public bus is, I'd say, €1.85 one way. You will get details on www.dublinbus.ie

Search this Thread