Question on Barcelona Beaches and Hotel

Old Sep 13th, 2000, 08:20 AM
Michael

Question on Barcelona Beaches and Hotel

Hi.. I will be in Barcelona for the first 2 weeks in October. Can anyone please tell me about the beaches there. Where are the best beaches located ? Along the coast of the city or in nearby towns? Will the weather still be nice enough to enjoy the beaches this time of year?
I am booked at the Hotel Continental for most of the trip which I have read good things about. I am also booked at the Hotel Residencia Neutral in the Eixample area for the last 3 days. It is recommened in Rick Steve's book. But has anyone stayed here and can share their experience?
Thanks for all help!
Michael

Old Sep 13th, 2000, 11:00 AM
Giresi

Ijust came back from Barcelona and my husband and I drove to Stiges, which is on the Costa Dorada, about 30 minutes from Barcelona to enjoy the beach. The town has alot of nice restraurants and the beach has umbrella and chair rentals and there is plenty of parking

Old Sep 14th, 2000, 09:24 PM
Michael

Thanks for the response Can you take a train to Stiges? How far is it? Can it be done as a day trip?

Anyone else with info about these subjects?

Old Sep 15th, 2000, 06:33 AM
John

Michael, there are trains to Sitges every half hour or so; the trip is around 20-30 minutes depending on the number of stops - it's a commuter line, so hundreds of people do it as a day trip, every day. The station in Sitges is about a 5 minute walk to the beach. Sitges is a fun outing - good beach, strolling, shopping, a good number of art nouveau buildings if you look for them.

Old Sep 15th, 2000, 08:17 AM
kavey

Hi Michael

Additionally there are beaches in barcelona itself near the new olympic area and the harbour front area...

I cant remember the names but they are easy to find (head for the sea)

THey are nice beaches so if you want to sightsee in Barc for the morning and then lie on the beach in the afternoon you can do it!

We did this one day ....

Kavey