Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Question for those of you who used sleepinitaly.com

Old Jan 30th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Original Poster

I have reserved an apartment in Rome through sleepinitaly.com. I received the confirmation and everything, but I still don't have the address. We will be there in March and I want to book a taxi through Limoservice Rome to pick us up at the apartment and take us to the airport early in the morning on the day of departure but I need the address to do so. Does Sleep in Italy send the address when it gets closer to the date of departure, or should I e-mail them and ask? This is my first time renting an apartment through them and I'm not sure what to expect.

Thanks!
Tracy
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 09:27 AM

We received the address when we confirmed the reservation. You should definitely have that by now. I would contact sleepinitaly immediately and have this resolved. Have you been billed for the deposit?
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 09:28 AM

By the way, what apt did you rent?
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 09:31 AM

Absolutely email them and ask. I got the address upon confirmation.
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 09:31 AM

I hope that when you made the reservations you were able to choose the apt. you wanted..Which in this case the locations should have been there.
Do you know which one was? I could help you look it up in the internet.
I rented from Sleepinitaly also, the agency sent me the address and the name of the landlord in the confirmation notice.
I would e-mail the agency right away..
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Original Poster

I'm so sorry for the confusion...I did receive the address. The apartment name and the address are almost exactly the same so when I received the confirmation I overlooked it by mistake. Thank you to all that replied!

We are staying in an apartment on Vicolo di S. Giuliano. http://www.sleepinitaly.com/files/apt_sangiuliano.html

Hopefully its decent! We will only be there for 3 nights and aren't planning on using the kitchen, so it looks adequate. Much cheaper than hotels in the area!

Tracy

Old Jan 30th, 2006, 09:37 AM

It seems obvious that you should contact them to get this information. What is incredible to me is that you rented an apartment without knowing where it is! For me, location is extremely important.
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 09:37 AM

Thanks for the address! We'll see you there for dinner (you're going to cook, right?)!!!!
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 09:52 AM

Tracy, you're going to LOVE that area. I stayed in an apartment right around the corner. Via Governo Vecchia is a great "street" to stroll along. Lots of good restaurants in the area. You can walk to the Vatican and to the Colosseum. Perfect area!
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Original Poster

SusanP, I knew where the general vicinity of the apartment was. Sleepinitaly.com has maps for each apartment so you can see about where it is. Location is important to me as well, and I knew from looking at the map that it was close to both Piazza Navona and Campo di Fiori, exactly where we wanted to be.

nospam, if you come looking for a decent meal than I suggest you look elsewhere because I'm definitely not the best in that department!

Catbert, thanks for the reassurance! This is our third trip to Rome and I definitely wanted a better location than what we've had before. And thanks for the tip on Via Governo Vecchia... it makes me happy to know that there are good places to eat!

Tracy

Old Jan 30th, 2006, 11:23 AM

Cute apartment, Tracy..let us know about it, the location is super..have fun..