Question for the Ladies -- In search of a flat iron to take to France

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay guys, I know this sounds shallow, but hey -- our hair is important to us ladies. I am traveling to France in October and I just learned that my Chi flat iron does not take well to the converter plugs. I then got the idea of purchasing one either when I got to Paris or trying to find one online. I am not having much luck online. Do any of you ladies know where I might find a flat iron in Paris? Thank you for your assistance.
Old Jul 5th, 2007, 01:24 PM

Great q/thanks for asking! I'll like to know as well!
Old Jul 5th, 2007, 01:52 PM

As one who has spent a lifetime endeavoring to straighten her hair by various methods, I sympathize with your situation.

For travel, I have bought a Conair ceramic-coated instant heat straightener. I bought it at Sally's, which is a local beauty supply store in my neighborhood.

This flat iron is lightweight, shorter, and slimmer than most flat irons, so it's great for packing. It has worked fine in several different countries and with different plug adaptors.

Maybe you can find it online.

There are also a few flat irons listed in Magellans Travel catalog:
www.magellans.com

and also at www.drugstore.com.

Good luck. I know you'll find something and have a great trip.
Old Jul 5th, 2007, 02:03 PM

Not sure what you mean by "does not take well to the converter plugs". Do you mean the prongs don't fit into the female adaptor plug? Or are you referring to a voltage converter?

My Remington "wet2straight" flatiron purchased from Target is dual voltage (converts automatically to the appropriate voltage). I use it successfully in France with only a plug adaptor as one needs the round prong plug there rather than the US flat prong type.

I suspect that if this inexpensive item is dual voltage many other brands and styles are as well. Be aware however, it doesn't say dual voltage anywhere on the flatiron itself. I only knew it because I read the package insert, specifically looking for that information.
Old Jul 5th, 2007, 06:02 PM

Shellio is correct....My flat iron is also "dual voltage" even though it doesn't say this on the device itself. But the instruction booklet gives this information.
Old Jul 6th, 2007, 04:21 AM

Very helpful info. I am out to Sally's and/or Target-- I imagine this would apply to Ireland travel as well, right?