Hi St Cirq,
I know you've had a place in the the Dordogne for quite a few years. Though I haven 't made it there yet, it's on my list - I love the French countryside. I've spent time in small towns in Provence, Burgundy and Normandy, and I think my wife would move to any of them in a heartbeat. The Dordogne seems like the perfect place for our taste - small towns, medium-sized cities, great food, great wine, gorgeous green surroundings ...... and snooty British and Dutch expats???
I read your discourse on the expat community in the Dordogne - how the Brits and the Dutch come there, and then [email protected] about how it's not the same as home. But you must have liked more than you disliked to stay for such a long time. I'm wondering why you've chosen to leave, and how the decision to move to La Rochelle came about?
By the way, I know you live in the DC area. I worked Rockville, MD and lived in Silver Spring for 3 years, but I recently found another position, and was able to move back to the Philly area, otherwise known as God's Country. .
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 2 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 3 Where to stay in Naples?
- 4 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 5 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 6 Driving
- 7 Malaga Christmas lights
- 8 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 9 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 10 My France Vacation
- 11 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 12 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 13 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 14 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 15 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 16 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 17 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 18 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 19 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 20 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 21 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 22 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 23 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 24 CACHOPO, CABRALES & CARBAYONES Asturias..and "The Best Steak in The World"
- 25 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
Hi St Cirq,