Hi there Fodorites,
This question is about using my mobile phone in Europe. I was thinking of just using my own SIM and turning off data and only using it to connect to wifi during my trip in July. However the more I think about it the more I think I'll benefit from either a local or travel SIM. I'm traveling with friends and it's likely we will need to call/SMS each other during our visit. We will also need to confirm reservations etc. I also want to go running and not knowing cities means I am absolutely going to get lost without my phone as a GPS. Yes I realise this makes me ridiculously dependent on a technology that not long ago didn't exist and people survived just fine ...
So my question is would I be better off buying a SIM overseas - I am heading to Spain, France, Italy and England - or would any Aussies on here recommend a travel SIM such as the one Australia Post have.
And if I use it for data it would only be for maps and perhaps some apps like Airbnb, tripit, and
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 2 Internet Cafe in Rome, Florence, and Venice
- 3 Best way to get mobile internet in Spain?
- 4 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 5 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 6 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 7 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 8 Hip Pocket Wifi
- 9 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 10 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 11 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 12 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 13 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 14 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 15 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 16 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 17 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 18 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 19 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 20 Amalfi as a home base for the Amalfi Coast
- 21 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 22 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 23 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 24 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 25 Paris November 2017
Hi there Fodorites,