Question about the Eden for WillTravel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted this question on another thread, but I was afraid you would not return to it. We are arriving at the Eden on the 10th and leaving on the 15th. Breakfast is not included in our rate. I have read that you have stayed there before. Can you recommend a close-by place for coffee and breakfast?
Old Jul 9th, 2007, 04:46 PM

No, because when we stayed there last time, we had breakfast included in our rate. So I haven't figured out what we will do this time, because I don't want to pay the 15 Euros per person, or whatever it is. There is a grocery store about two blocks away, which is pretty good, but I don't remember its opening hours.

Have you read the TripAdvisor reviews for this hotel? We had a good experience, with a pleasant and clean room, with our only complaint being the noisy nearby club. The location is very good, and your kids might like the Waterlooplein flea market which is very close by. My daughter certainly did. The reason I'm mentioning TripAdvisor is that I know that not every guest has been happy, so I just wanted to make sure you had a fair cross-sampling of opinion before taking my word for it. Other plusses for this hotel are a good concierge staff, an elevator, TV and phone in the room, and 24-hour reception.
Old Jul 9th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. We booked it last month--my husband and I, and his cousin and wife are meeting us there. We read the reviews before, so we are okay with it. We wanted a room with air, just in case it is hot, so that was one of the most affordable air conditioned rooms. I travel to Europe usually twice a year, but this is everyone's first trip to Amsterdam. My husband and I usually stay in less "Americanized" kinds of places, but this worked better for this trip. I hope we will see you there!
Old Jul 9th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Original Poster

I just went back to Tripadvisor and read newest reviews, and they are all very good from this summer!
Old Jul 9th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Original Poster

Oops. I think I am staying at a different hotel--Eden Rembrandt. Sorry.
Old Jul 9th, 2007, 07:25 PM

You're still in the general area. If you do come up with a good breakfast place around there, please post back. I've been meaning to look into this.

Just to make things more confusing, I think the Best Western Eden did not have A/C when we were there last (and we didn't need it), but now that the hotel is either in the process of refurbishment or finished, many rooms do seem to have it now, based on the reviews.

From what I can tell, Eden refers to a group of hotels, which includes both the Best Western Eden, the Eden Rembrandt, and several others (which confusingly have different chain brand names):
http://www.edenhotelgroup.com/
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 02:36 AM
Original Poster

I think I will ask!