Going to Amsterdam in late September for 4 nights as part of a longer two-week trip. I have almost exclusively stayed in apartments during my past trips to Europe.
I have never been to Amsterdam, and was seeing hotels fill before my eyes for the week of my stay. A friend stayed in (and loved) The Conservatorium Hotel in the Museumplein neighborhood and I was able to book it.
Am now wondering if this area (while clearly convenient to some of the major museums as well as Vondelpark) was my best choice in terms of accessibility to the rest of the city- canals, other sights, shopping etc.
Would welcome any thoughts on this, and to getting around Amsterdam as well, as I have just really begun my planning.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 2 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 3 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 4 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 5 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 6 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 7 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 8 Tips for first trip to UK
- 9 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 10 My France Vacation
- 11 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 12 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 13 land vs river cruise
- 14 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 15 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 16 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 17 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 18 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 19 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 20 Malaga Christmas lights
- 21 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 22 Your favorite London streets for strolling?
- 23 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 24 Poland--where else to go
- 25 The World's Greatest Churches