Question about Hostal Central rooms, Barcelona

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2004, 12:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally ready to book our room in Barcelona at the end of September. Now that another couple is joining us, I'm feeling a little more pressure to pick a good hotel. We are looking for central locale but reasonably priced and Lesli's recommendation of Hostal Central seems to fit the bill. Someone else mentioned they stayed there and got a good room one time and a not so good room another. So I'm trying to find out if there is a specific room folks have stayed in that they would recommend. If I can get a description I can ask for those specific rooms. Thanks.
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 12:38 PM

Canuck - I can look at my notes this evening to see if I wrote down the room number or not. But my room was a front-facing twin room with balcony and private bath on the upper floor of the hostal, and it was quite nice.

I believe there is only one other balcony room on that floor.
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Original Poster

Hi Lesli-nice to hear from you! If you wouldn't mind having a look at your notes, I'd appreciate it. In another post someone said to ask for "room at end of hall with sitting area and stained glass window"-so not sure where that might be in the hotel. So perhaps if there are two balconied rooms on the floor you stayed on, I could ask for both of them? Wonder if that would work?Can you refresh my memory-approx. how many rooms in this hotel?
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 12:56 PM

http://www.hostalcentralbarcelona.com/

The webiste says 13 rooms, which sounds about right. Now that I look at the photos again, it's possible there are 3 or four balconied rooms on each floor. The stained-glass is pictured; that room is on the lower (2nd) floor of the hostal, and may or may not have a private bath.

For what it's worth, I took a peek in the shared baths and they were quite nice and spotlessly clean.

A recent positive review here for the Hostal Girona caused me to bookmark their site for future reference:
http://hostalgirona.com/

I'll take a look at my notes tonight and reply back here to let you know what I found!
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 06:45 PM

Okay, Canuk, I found my notes, and although they describe my room in pretty good detail, they do not include an actual room number.

Note to self - include same from now on....
Old Mar 30th, 2004, 08:20 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Lesli...I saw some good reports on Hostal Girona but then one really bad on on another site kind of turned me off! So do you think if I ask for two rooms on the top floor with balcony and private bath at Hostal Central, I should be ok? Canuck
Old Mar 30th, 2004, 08:33 AM

Yes, your plan sounds ideal. You most likely would get my room and the one next door, which would work out great!

I thought this place was really good value for money, and the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful.
Hope you have a similar experience.

Please report back after your return.