Question about Art'otel Budapest

Sep 25th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Original Poster

Question about Art'otel Budapest

I would like to know if Art'otel Budapest, located at BEM RAKPART 16-19, BUDAPEST, h-1011, is centrally located or close to main city attractions?

Thanks!!
Sep 25th, 2007, 11:45 AM

We stayed at Hotel Victoria, and is it near Art'otel. It is in Buda, near the Danube, looking to Parliament. Superb view. We loved the location; you have to cross the Danube (the bridge) to be near Parliament, St. Stephan Church, opera, etc.
Sep 25th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Original Poster

Thank you Adrian45.
Sep 25th, 2007, 12:38 PM

Art otel is not centrally located, and if you go to Pest every day you will be doing quite a bit of walking, but you're no doubt up for that (I'm not sure about the tram service from your hotel). You'll be very close to the Fishermen's Bastion and St. Matthias, and all the neat streets and shops beyond. Have fun in beautiful Budapest.
Sep 25th, 2007, 01:56 PM

I know where Art'otel is, as our hotel was very close to it. I remember that it took us 10 minutes pleasant walk to be on Vaci utca. It was always a pleasure to see the Parliament from the window, or to walk on Chain Bridge , looking to the Danube. Castle hill is very close to the hotel.
I would stay again in this zone.
Sep 25th, 2007, 07:38 PM

My daughter and I stayed at the art'Otel in July and we loved it. We asked for a quiet room and were given a room that looked onto the courtyard and up the hill to Fisherman's Bastion. We were on the 2nd floor-I think it was room 202 or 203??? From the front of hotel, you would look out onto the Danube and the Parliament building from the Buda side of the Danube. There is a tram running directly in front of the hotel down Bem Rakpart which will take you to the Metro stop. The weather was lovely when we were there--in the 70's and 80's (we left right when the record heat wave heat this summer) and we found it easy to walk most places we wanted to be--5 minutes to the Chain Bridge and funiculur and then up to the Castle District. You could take the terraced stairs down from the Fisherman's Bastion to the back side of the hotel. There was a wonderful little supermarket about 6 blocks away on a back street from the hotel that we found the first night. Due to the beautiful weather, we were quite happy to get the sunshine, the fresh breeze and the exercise. Once on the Pest side, you may need to use some public transportation, but we were told that it was very easy to navigate the Metro system and the bus system seemed like a typical bus system to us.

The hotel was lovely. Very clean and friendly--the young bellman named Atilla was especially friendly and helpful every time we saw him. Our view was magnificent. There are pictures of the view in our Budapest folder on Flickr (here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/) including views from our hotel window and of our room. I enjoyed opening up the windows and just drinking in the view--I can still close my eyes and see that view up the hillside--just magnificent.

If we return to Budapest, I would definitely be happy to stay there again. I pricelined it and won a bid of $65US per night. There is only one "zone" for Budapest and it was classified as a 4 star hotel when I bid on the room. I was hoping for the Uhu Villa when I initially bid because I had fallen in love with it from the pictures online, but am happy with what I got...probably happier than I would have been with the Uhu Villa since it is apparently quite far off the beaten path, albeit beautiful from the pictures. They treated me no differently during my stay at the art'Otel from someone who had paid full price. I highly recommend them.
Sep 25th, 2007, 07:39 PM

My daughter and I stayed at the art'Otel in July and we loved it. We asked for a quiet room and were given a room that looked onto the courtyard and up the hill to Fisherman's Bastion. We were on the 2nd floor-I think it was room 202 or 203??? From the front of hotel, you would look out onto the Danube and the Parliament building from the Buda side of the Danube. There is a tram running directly in front of the hotel down Bem Rakpart which will take you to the Metro stop. The weather was lovely when we were there--in the 70's and 80's (we left right when the record heat wave heat this summer) and we found it easy to walk most places we wanted to be--5 minutes to the Chain Bridge and funiculur and then up to the Castle District. You could take the terraced stairs down from the Fisherman's Bastion to the back side of the hotel. There was a wonderful little supermarket about 6 blocks away on a back street from the hotel that we found the first night. Due to the beautiful weather, we were quite happy to get the sunshine, the fresh breeze and the exercise. Once on the Pest side, you may need to use some public transportation, but we were told that it was very easy to navigate the Metro system and the bus system seemed like a typical bus system to us.

The hotel was lovely. Very clean and friendly--the young bellman named Atilla was especially friendly and helpful every time we saw him. Our view was magnificent. There are pictures of the view in our Budapest folder on Flickr (here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]) including views from our hotel window and of our room. I enjoyed opening up the windows and just drinking in the view--I can still close my eyes and see that view up the hillside--just magnificent.

If we return to Budapest, I would definitely be happy to stay there again. I pricelined it and won a bid of $65US per night. There is only one "zone" for Budapest and it was classified as a 4 star hotel when I bid on the room. I was hoping for the Uhu Villa when I initially bid because I had fallen in love with it from the pictures online, but am happy with what I got...probably happier than I would have been with the Uhu Villa since it is apparently quite far off the beaten path, albeit beautiful from the pictures. They treated me no differently during my stay at the art'Otel from someone who had paid full price. I highly recommend them.

I apologize for the double posting--obviously I didn't follow the instructions well for editing a prior post! The link to the photos needs to lose the / at the end to work! Now, here's hoping this doesn't post a third time in my efforts to edit it!
Kellye

Sep 26th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your responses.

Kellye, I also won a bid thru PL for $65/night. What a coincidence!

I will be there December 25-30.

Happy travels!