Queen Mother, is she okay?

Sep 7th, 2001, 07:18 PM
melva

Queen Mother, is she okay?

Someone posted that she had died. I can find nothing saying that. I hope that is not true. Why, would someone say that, if it isn't true? I do not understand. Does anyone know what is going on?

Sep 7th, 2001, 07:24 PM
John H

Melva,

Neither BBC (www.bbc.com) nor CNN (www.cnn.com) has anything about this, so I assume it is not true.

John H.

Sep 7th, 2001, 07:28 PM
melva

Thanks John I have looked, on the Net too, and I haven't found anything.

Sep 7th, 2001, 08:19 PM
Alec

There seem to be a lot of rumours going round about the Queen Mother at the moment on many chat rooms and newsgroups. Many state that the press have been told to hold back the news until official announcement. There is no basis in fact. The rumour appears to have started when Prince Charles decided to cancel his holiday with Camilla because of his concern over his grandmother's state of health. She is frail and has had medical checks, but until Buckingham Palace makes an official announcement (and they were very quick when Diana died), we can be sure that she is alive and well.

Sep 8th, 2001, 01:25 AM
loyal

Actually, she has been dead for years. They just pickled her in gin and the wheel out to cadaver to wave at the public three times a year. They're saving the announcement until they have a serious political problem to cover up.....

I hope they can hold on till next year. I have no leave left and I will need to leave the country to avoid the wall to wall coverage when it happens!