Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Quad Hotel Room in Rome (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/quad-hotel-room-in-rome-494389/)

AnnieGoo Jan 10th, 2005 06:59 PM

Quad Hotel Room in Rome

Please help! Any recommendations for a affordable hotel that could accomodate four persons in one room (2 adults/2 teenagers). Traveling in July 2005. So far most hotels with quad rooms are quoting 250 euro and up per night. Want clean, charming and safe hotel. Any ideas??? I am stunned at how expensive prices are...

Many thanks!

LoveItaly Jan 10th, 2005 07:22 PM

Have you thought about renting an apartment in Rome? This might be a way to save some money and give you the space you need.
There are lots of threads here on Fodors about apartment rentals in Rome.

AnnieGoo Jan 10th, 2005 07:45 PM

can you rent an apt. for three nights? Thought you would need more nights. Will investigate that option but would prefer small quaint hotel.

Thanks!

DougP Jan 10th, 2005 08:21 PM

We stayed at the hotel Pomezia, near Campo dei Fiori for approx 125E for a quad 2 summers ago. Great location, good breakfast,clean, but not exactly charming. The Hotel Campo dei Fiori looked more charming and only slightly more expensive.

jgk Jan 11th, 2005 04:15 PM

We have booked a quad room at Hotel Modigliani in June. I think it is around E200/night. Hotel Teatro Pace also had a quad room.

Good luck,
j

WillTravel Jan 11th, 2005 04:16 PM

AnnieGoo, have you looked at Hotel Julia or Domus Julia?

MWM1 Jan 11th, 2005 04:51 PM

I currently have reserved the Senior Suite at the Residenza Canali ai Coronari just off the Piazza Navona. The suite has 2 rooms, 1 with a king bed, the other 2 twins and 1 full bath. The rate is 258E per night.

MFNYC Jan 13th, 2005 07:56 AM

Santa CHiara has a few quads, but i think they would problably be in the 300E range. It's a very nice hotel in an excellent location though. Due Torre also has quads.

KathrynT Jan 13th, 2005 06:27 PM

Try the Hotel Alimandi -- it has quad rooms and a great breakfast.

Fodorite018 Jan 13th, 2005 06:48 PM

We stayed at the Hotel Miami with our children and it was perfect for us. I do not know what the rate is, but they do have a website. The hotel is not smack dab in the heart of the tourist areas, but we walked everywhere and were pleased with the location. The room was very nice, with a gorgeous bathroom, and the staff were absolutely wonderful! Our room had a queen that was separated from the two twin beds, so it was a good setup for us. We would definitely stay there again.

btewalt Jan 13th, 2005 08:25 PM

Annie--I have just booked an apartment at www.palazzo-olivia.it near Piazza Navona in March (high season prices). Our apartment will sleep five and is E180/nite. The apartment has received very good reviews at slowtrav.com

isabel Jan 14th, 2005 04:58 AM

We stayed in Hotel Picasso in a quad room for €150 including breakfast two summers ago. It was fine, clean, pretty good location, had AC. Not my favorite hotel in the world but I'd stay there again.

janier Jan 14th, 2005 06:24 AM

We stayed in DesArtists in May 2003 for about $210/night. Quad room had queen bed and two twins. Great for us and our two teenage sons. Good breakfast too.
The hotel is located near the train station, but the area was good. And, we walked to everything. Only taxi we took was one night returning from dinner in another part of the city.

lvitaly Jan 14th, 2005 07:16 AM

Btewalt,
You have made a wise decision on Palazzo Olivia. The location cannot be beat.The place is really comfortable, neat and clean. I stayed there in 2003 ans will definalty book for my 2006 trip.

GregW Jan 14th, 2005 07:27 AM

I highly concur about Palazzo Olivia. One thing to remember is they do not have AC which may be a factor in July...Having said that, we stayed there for 3 night in a record heat wave in June 03 and weren't too uncomfortable. The thick walls keep the room fairly cool and our apt had a fan.

bookchick Jan 14th, 2005 07:29 AM

Don't forget to try the Hotel San Carlo. They have a couple of quads, and all of the rooms have A/C.

Buon Viaggio,
BC

kathie58 Jan 14th, 2005 07:40 AM

I stayed in a quad at Pension Panda on Villa Della Croce in the summer of 2001 with my husband and 2 kids. This was before Euro conversion and when we checked out the bill was "one million lira" and they told us we had to pay cash, which meant we had to go find an ATM machine and hope our daily limit was over a million! This no-credit-card policy was an unhappy surprise but at the time the price could not be beat - it was around $100 US dollar per night - and it was right by the Spanish steps and easy to get everywhere. Nice bathroom, but we spent virtually no time in our room except to sleep.

travellingteacher Jan 14th, 2005 07:55 AM

We stayed to the Hotel Del Corso last July with two adults and two teenagers. I can't remember the cost. The location was great. Right in the shopping district and near the Spanish Steps. Check their website by entering Hotel Del Corso Rome on google.

uhoh_busted Jan 14th, 2005 08:10 AM

I know Hotel due Torre Roma (there is another one somewhere else in the country) has a family room (possibly two) that has two bedrooms and one bath...and the location several blocks from Piazza Navona is a perfect base. We stayed there in 2001 so I'm sure prices are up from that time. They do have a website -- google due torre roma and you should find it.

btewalt Jan 14th, 2005 06:58 PM

I'm so glad to hear the good comments about Palazzo Olivia! Although, I did make a mistake in my quote. There will only be 3 of us for E180/night.