Hi all --
Although they're not available yet, I hope to purchase our train tickets from Venice to Siena in advance. Trenitalia, however, says that this is not an option. The train leaves Venice (St Lucia) and goes to Ve Mestre (local), then to Firenze, then to Siena. Because of the local/metro stop in Mestre, apparently the tickets can't be purchased in advance.
Does anyone know if it's possible to get tickets in advance if you have to go through Mestre due to travel times? We're going to be traveling on 12/24 (Christmas Eve day) so I'd really like to get tickets in advance to make sure we get to Siena before the car rental shops close (at about 1:00 on 12/24).
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days in europe
- 2 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 3 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 4 Tips for first trip to UK
- 5 land vs river cruise
- 6 Portugal
- 7 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 8 Where to stay in Naples?
- 9 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 10 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 11 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 12 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 13 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 14 Browsing Barcelona
- 15 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 16 Malaga Christmas lights
- 17 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 18 Croatia in mid/late October
- 19 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 20 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 21 Help with Venice Trip?
- 22 Dubrovnik
- 23 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 24 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 25 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
Purchasing Train Tickets from Venice to Siena -- question!
Hi all --