Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Purchasing DB Bahn Train Tickets from Zagreb to Munich (via Lake Bled)
Notices

Purchasing DB Bahn Train Tickets from Zagreb to Munich (via Lake Bled)

Aug 5th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Original Poster

Purchasing DB Bahn Train Tickets from Zagreb to Munich (via Lake Bled)

Has anyone successfully purchased train tickets online for DB Bahn? I'm trying to purchase train tickets for three adults from Zagreb to Lake Bled and then from Lake Bled to Munich two days later.

When I log into to look up timetables and make a reservation, there is no price information available and I'm unable to add anything to the shopping cart.

Have others purchased train tickets in Croatia or Slovenia before? Do people do it the day of their departure at the station rather than reserve anything in advance? Is there another train service that I should look into?

We're going in mid/late September, so the clock is running down. Thank you!
Aug 5th, 2014, 01:24 PM

You can only use the bahn.de site to purchase tickets to/from/within Germany. So it can be used for Lake Bled to Munich but not from Zagreb to Lake Bled.

Use seat61.com to learn about tickets in Croatia.
Aug 6th, 2014, 07:20 AM
Original Poster

Thank you! To clarify, DB Bahn is offering two types of tickets - a Savings Fare (which is cheaper, but train restrictive) and a Standard Fare.

When I clicked the Savings Fare, it says the tickets are restricted to Europa-Spezial Slowenien. Is it safe to assume that the train at the time I'm booking will be that train? What's the advantage of booking one of the other from Lake Bled to Munich?
Aug 6th, 2014, 08:47 AM

<< Europa-Spezial Slowenien >>

Sorry, don't know what that means. It looks German and I don't speak German.

<< What's the advantage of booking one of the other from Lake Bled to Munich? >>

Can you be more specific in what you're asking. Some trains require a change and some don't.

Search this Thread