Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

purchases made 1/1/2 totaled in ff, credit card charged in euros, can you help me find the shop

Search

purchases made 1/1/2 totaled in ff, credit card charged in euros, can you help me find the shop

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 06:34 AM
wjh

To everyone that participates in this forum thank you for all your help with planning my family vacations. Your advice has been wonderful. Here is a problem I have that I am hoping someone out there may be able to help me with.<BR> On January 1 we were in Paris. We visited Sacre Coeur and as we walked back to the metro we stopped in a couple shops. I remember going in a tapestry shop that was located on a corner and looking at the needlepoint canvas' and yarns. After that we went immediately to a souvenir shop (might have been next door) and purchased a sweatshirt, two t-shirts, two shot glasses, a ceramic Christmas ornament and a small French flag lapel pin. All the prices on the items were marked in FF. When our purchase was totaled the total came to 473.00FF. There was a lot of activity in the shop and my husband and I were trying to pay attention to our two children and our pockets. When my husband signed the credit card slip he remembers checking that the total was correct 473.00. However, on the airplane on the way home we were going over our receipts and the receipt we signed was 473,000EUR.<BR> The only name on our receipt is MILADY. Is anyone familiar with this area and knows which shop I am talking about? Any help locating an address and telephone number for this shop would be greatly appreciated. Please feel free to contact me personally [email protected]. THANK YOU<BR>

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 06:46 AM
Ruth

It's a long shot, but you might find a photo of the shop on this website: http://photos.pagesjaunes.fr/1/d/home_paris.htm<BR>which might show you the name of the shop and the street it is on. Go to Sacre Coeur on the map, and try to retrace your steps - you will see photos of the streets as you go. Good luck!

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 06:54 AM
xxx

Alert your credit card company ASAP. It's unlikely that such a huge error would be processed thru your credit card, and they will probably recognize and rectify the error. You're probably WAY over your limit!

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 06:58 AM
surely not!

Surely wjh was charged 437 Euros not 437000 Euros!!

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 06:58 AM
Alice

http://wgc.pagesjaunes.fr/pj.cgi?lang=en<BR>this looks like your place: <BR>Milady Tissus<BR>5 RUE DE STEINKERQUE 75018 PARIS<BR>01 42 51 54 00<BR>

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 07:03 AM
xyz

Awesome - 24 min!

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 07:17 AM
wjh

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!<BR><BR>YES, THAT IS MY SHOP!!!! Ruth and Alice -- thank you so much!!<BR><BR>Also, yes, it was 473 EUR.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 08:01 AM
c

Now THIS is what these forums are about!<BR>I am so happy to be reading this ~