OK, we have booked our airfare, lodging, and rental car, and can't wait to visit Italy in October. Our itinerary is as follows:
Pompeii - 1 night
Positnao - 4 nights
Matera - 2 nights
Lecce - 3 nights
Tricase - 4 nights
Cisterno - 3 nights
Rome - 4 nights
My question for the forum is, are there any experiences you have had in Puglia that are not to be missed? Whether they be sights, restaurants, villages, etc.
As a little background on us, we like to travel and experience the culture and while we appreciate the touristy sights, we also like to see how the locals live and interact. We like good food and are enrolled in a full day cooking class in Lecce. I like exploring and finding local food options, but plan to have reservations for one night in each location on arrival, for a well thought of restaurant.
Any advice you can give would be very helpful.. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO 1888:482:3831 password reset contact Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 3 Poland--where else to go
- 4 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 5 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 6 5 days in Andalusia
- 7 Malaga Christmas lights
- 8 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 9 South of France
- 10 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 11 GTG Paris December 2017
- 12 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands
- 13 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 14 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 15 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 16 Shall we Gdansk?
- 17 Help with Spain itinerary
- 18 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 19 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 20 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 21 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 22 Yet another London Hotel Question
- 23 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 24 Good base for visiting Le Marche region
- 25 Christmas in South of Spain 2018