Public restrooms in Dublin

May 23rd, 2004, 07:47 AM
Original Poster
Public restrooms in Dublin

Wondering where to look for clean public restrooms in Dublin City? Difficult or not?
Best places? Pub owners don't mind if you just come in to use their restrooms without buying a pint????
May 23rd, 2004, 09:50 AM
I suffered through "traveller's bowel" my last trip to Dublin, and had no trouble finding a public restroom at least 5 or 6 times a day. On Grafton Street, the basement bathrooms at Bewley's Cafe are very clean, and the bathrooms in the various museums (natl. gallery, natl. library) were accessible. Pubs are always an option, as well, although not always the cleanest option. We popped in without buying anything a few times.
May 23rd, 2004, 10:18 AM
Hi Mike,
As Zeppo said, you won't have a problem finding restrooms in Dublin, there are loads wherever you go.
There are nice clean ones at the top of Grafton St. in St.Stephen's green shopping centre, also in the many other stores around town.
I usually found that by the time I was ready for a restroom I was also ready for a nice cup of coffee, or pint, make that a half pint so I would just use the restroom wherever I was taking a break.
Most pubs are usually too busy for anyone to notice if you are just there to use the loo, but that said, I usually feel as if everyone knows that I'm cheating, so feel too bad to do it.
Hope you have a great trip
May 23rd, 2004, 11:14 AM
I've always had good luck in the major department stores and supermarkets. I don't feel comfortable about popping into a pub unless we're going to eat or drink there.

Search this Thread