This is very early planning, but I'm trying to get a better idea as to which country and cities would be better to visit during Christmas to New Years regarding weather, open sites, etc. It would be about 10-12 days. Hub and I have been taking two major european vacays per year (summer and winter). This time period is an open window for us, which is why we couldn't go in a more ideal time like spring (and we don't want to go there in summer!)
So it would come down to Provence/French Riviera OR Portugal (Lisbon to Porto).
I would rather go to France, because it seems there's more to see there. We love art, history, food, walking around cutesy streets. Any thoughts?? Thank you!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 2 Milan airport--which one
- 3 Paris Apartment
- 4 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 5 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 6 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 7 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 8 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 9 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 10 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 11 Barcelona to Malaga
- 12 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 13 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 14 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 15 Which Area in London?
- 16 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 17 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 18 Paris November 2017
- 19 Getting around Lisbon
- 20 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 21 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 22 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 23 Visit to France
- 24 First time in Spain
- 25 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?