Provence temperatures in early to mid September up in Moustiere St. Marie

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I attending a two week language course starting Sept 3rd in Moustiere St. Marie. I am wondering how cool will it be during the evenings and will the days be warm enough for light skirts/t-shirts.

Can anyone who lives around here or has travelled at the same time please give some clothing advice. Not the usual will I look like a tourist stuff! But will I need longer sleeves/jeans etc. I know weather patterns are crazy at the moment and it is very hard to predict but some general guidelines would be good. I am staying with the same group of people for 14 days so also don't have the luxury of wearing the same outfit repeatedly as they will all be saying" oh, here she comes in that blue skirt and white t-shirt again!!"

We were in Paris two years ago at the same time of year and it was in the 30oCs. Of course I am thinking Provence should be warmer but wondering about the mountains rather than Aix etc.

Hope maybe Kevin or Patricia may be able to help. Thanks, Schnauzer
Old Jul 26th, 2007, 06:28 AM

Schauz -

I'm predicting it will be absolutely pleasant and delightful early September in Moustiers. Figure T-shirt and light pants during the day and maybe a light sweater or wind-breaker for the evening. I'll bet you'll still be able to swim in the lake that time of year as well...

-Kevin

Old Jul 26th, 2007, 06:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
And try lunch one day at Les Santons.
Old Jul 26th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Kevin and Cigalchanta, just the answer I needed.

After the course I am driving around for a couple of days in the Luberon area if it is OK with you Kevin I thought I might take your ph number and address and if you are home pop in and say hello.That is if you don't mind visits from strange Fodorites. You may not be there of course. Schnauzer
Old Jul 26th, 2007, 02:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
We'll be having a GTG on Sept 17. Will you still be there?
Old Jul 26th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Original Poster

Hi Cigalechanta. Yes I will still be in the area at that time. However, I am with a friend whom I haven't seen for 10 years. Where is the get together? We are staying in Le Thor and will be there on the Monday night. I will have a car and could come along if it is within easy driving distance. I would love some more info if possible. A social engagement in Provence how exciting!!! Tell me more.
Schnauzer