I have the wonderful task of figuring out how to fill out my Southern France itinerary, I am a first timer to the region and would love some input! Currently:
8/30: Paris to Reims/Champagne via Train
8/31: Champagne to Provence via Train, pick up rental car
8/31-9/5 OPEN....we will use 2 of these nights to stay outside of Nimes at a winery East of town(complimentary so we can't add more nights here)
9/5-9/8 Cote D'Azur (likely a Nice base, but will work this out after the Provence portion. We fly out of Nice early on the 8th)
My question is, where to stay for our 3 'extra' nights in Provence as a nice compliment to the Nimes area (remember, we are staying outside of Nimes, not in town)? Since Nimes is the western most point of Provence, and we are ending up in Nice, should our first 2 nights in Provence be spent here before moving somewhere East? Lastly, we are open to time spent further North in the Rhone, but don't want to be running around all over which is why I thought it may be best to spend the full 5 nights in Provence.
Our interests are food, wine and scenery. A day floating down the Gorges du Verdon sounds appealing as well.
Note: I know that only 1 night in Champagne is rushed, we were contemplating it as a day trip from Paris and at least this is better. My husband is in the industry and has a work commitment there.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 2 10 days in Portugal
- 3 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 4 Driving
- 5 Paris November 2017
- 6 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 7 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 8 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 9 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 10 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 11 My France Vacation
- 12 London vacation rental agency
- 13 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 14 Greece during Easter week or August
- 15 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 16 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 17 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 18 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 19 2 nights between Munich and Slovenia
- 20 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 21 How best to see the Douro Valley?
- 22 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 23 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 24 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 25 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland