Provence or Prague after Italy?

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 08:57 PM
Sue

Provence or Prague after Italy?

I'm crazy about most of Italy I've visited - Rome,Venice,Assisi,Pienza,Montalcino,Spello,SanG- I feel at home there though I'm not Italian, don't know much of the language but would go back again and again. My travel companions feel the same way but suggest we widen our horizons.If anyone had similar experience with Italy, would Provence and/or Prague be a joy?

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 09:05 PM
uncle sam

Provence is very similar to Tuscany.

Vineyards, small hill cities, great Med style food and some very, very old historical stuff that goes back to Roman times. Great scenery and one of my absolute favorite places!

Prague is a beautiful city, one of the most unique and beautiful in all of Europe. The beer is great and I liked it a lot.

However between the two, I'll take Provence!

US

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 01:24 PM
Sue

Thanks Uncle Sam!

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 01:18 AM
Fi

Go to Prague !!! - spent Thanksgiving there - it is INCREDIBLE !!!! - yes, Provence is similar to Tuscany, but Prague is a city that stands alone !!
ENJOY !!!

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 03:46 AM
Julie

I suggest Prague if you really want to widen your horizons. Provence would afford experiences more like those you've had in Italy (a French Italy) while Prague would be quite different than Italy. Though both are wonderful, Prague would give the most contrast and thus the most broadening experience. Would tell you whether or not you'd also like to try Switzerland, Germany, Austria. Provence would only confirm that you enjoy Italy and Provence.