Search

Hotel in Milan

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 02:35 PM
Gabriel Rossetti

Hotel in Milan

I will be staying in Milan for 3 days in the beginning of Feb., 2003, and would like to stay as close to the Duomo. Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Ambasciatori ? The Hotel London ? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 12:08 AM
Colleen

Friends and I have stayed at the Hotel London in Milan, and would stay there again. Clean, simply furnished, Fantastic location; easy walking distance to the Duomo and Castello Sforzesco.

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 05:46 AM
claire

We stayed at the Hotel Lloyd. A five minute walk from the Duomo. Close to Sforza castle. It is a nice, clean business style hotel. Rooms are somewhat Marriott-style. Nice breakfast buffet.

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 05:54 AM
Lynn

Last weekend we stayed at the Hotel Gritti. It is very close to the Duomo and we thought it was good value. The staff were very friendly and arranged parking for us. The room was very small and the bathroom had without doubt the smallest shower in the entire world but the water was hot and plentiful. I thought it was a good price for the location. It included breakfast but we preferred to go eat at one of the many bars in the area. If you do stay there, get a REALLY good map, it is hard to find.

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 07:28 AM
Giovanna

Gabriel: We too stayed at the London two nights prior to our return home. As mentioned above, it is clean and well located. It is close to a pedestrian only area with lots of cafes and shops. We walked to the Duomo easily. They made our reservation to see The Last Supper on the night we arrived. Staff was friendly and helpful. Would stay there again for short term.

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 05:24 PM
christine

I emailed Hotel London and they told me they were 300KM from Milan. I too am looking for a modestly priced hotel in Milan near the Duomo. Do you have the website for Hotel Ambasciatori? <BR><BR>Thanks-<BR>C.

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 05:36 PM
Trying to help

This is NOT the London other posters referred to. You can find the hotel's fax and phone numbers in the Hotels rants&amp;raves section of Fodors web site. <BR><BR>Just in case, this is the url:<BR><BR>http://www.fodors.com/rants/rrread.c...=name&amp;pg=1

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 10:20 PM
Donnae

Whatever you do DO NOT STAY AT THE HOTEL KENNEDY!

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 01:44 AM
Lynn

Donnae<BR><BR>What was the problem with the Hotel Kennedy?

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 12:39 PM
Gabriel Rossetti

To: Trying to Help-<BR>Are you referring to the Hotel London on Via Rovello? I think that is the hotel that the other posters are referring to also. I have also read good things about it in Frommers.

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 06:34 PM
tom

What were the rates for some of these hotels?

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 07:32 PM
johonna

I have stayed at the Hotel London (on Via Rovello) many times. It is convienient for the Castello Sforzesco, Peck, and the Duomo, as well as being in a generally cool part of town. Also, it is a short walk from the end of the train that runs from Malpensa into town. I would (and plan to) stay there again. -- Johonna

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 08:04 PM
Wendy

I stayed at the Hotel London and it is really close to the Duamo, Castle, etc. The thing I liked about it was our shower was really good, an american style vs. the tub with hand held and the bathroom was a good size. I would recomend staying here.