I'm reaching out in the hopes of getting some suggestions for my time in Provence in November. I will be there Nov 7 to Nov 20th, staying at a friend's place in Avignon.
He will be working during the week, so I'll be solo traveling for a lot of days during my trip. I have a list of some spots I definitely plan to see on this trip, some I'll get to see with my friend (we'll have a car on those days) the rest of the time I'll be looking to do things in Avignon or take trains and buses to other cities within a reasonable distance
Has anyone spent a lot of time in Provence or Avignon? What are you favorite things to do? They don't have to be on the Top 20 list of things a person must do in Provence, all suggestions are welcome. What are some day trips by train you'd reccommend?
Me: I love seeing beautiful towns/cities/places, meeting people from around the world, etc. When I travel, my favorite things to do are to walk through picturesque towns, past beautiful historic buildings or touring ruins, to find great food and wine (not fancy just regional cuisine; authentic), to be places locals are, and to be active (hiking/running/etc)
and last but not least, is there an expat group I should hook up with? I have a very limited amount of French (started Rosetta Stone 2 months ago)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airport Transfer
- 2 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 3 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 4 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 5 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 6 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 7 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 8 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 9 Which Aran Island??
- 10 Easter Week in Italy
- 11 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 12 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 13 Mifi rentals for Portugal
- 14 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 15 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 16 Moscow Hotels
- 17 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 18 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 19 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 20 Dublin to Donegal
- 21 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 22 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 23 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 24 Barcelona tour option help please
- 25 New Years in France