I'm planning a trip with my husband in late September to Cote D'Azur and Provence. Unfortunately it will be a short trip - 6 full days total. We were planning to split that in between Cannes (2 nights) and somewhere in Provence (3 nights), using them as a base and then exploring the towns around them.
From Cannes we're thinking of doing Grasse/Vence and Nice/Monaco, and perhaps a boat ride to Ile St Marguerite or do some type of sail in the area.
In Provence, we certainly don't want to miss Aix, but haven't decided yet where else to go.
Does that seem reasonable for the time we have? Are there other places that you would recommend instead of the ones mentioned above? Is it worth getting a tour guide for Grasse/Vence (or anywhere else)? Any suggestions on sail tour company that would do Ile St Marguerite or just an afternoon sail around the area from Cannes?
We're already set with a hotel in Cannes, but still looking for a charming place in Provence, perhaps a farmhouse in a winery or some place that is unique but not too remote so it's still accessible for us to go on our day trips and visit other towns (we'll have a car during the whole trip). Would love to have recommendations.
We're in our mid-thirties, love good wine, good food and beautiful views, enjoying our last big trip before the baby comes, so looking for something romantic.
Look forward to your suggestions, thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL Mail& Setup 1: 855: 843 :8475 Password Reset Btech 24/7 baba
- 2 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 3 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 4 Which Aran Island??
- 5 Mifi rentals for Portugal
- 6 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 7 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 8 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 9 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 10 Easter Week in Italy
- 11 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 12 Barcelona tour option help please
- 13 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 14 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 15 UK's Cornrwall Polzeath spring base
- 16 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 17 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 18 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 19 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 20 1st time to Europe
- 21 My trip to Prague
- 22 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 23 Santa Maria Novella products??
- 24 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 25 US dairy vs European Dairy