We're after some feedback on our plan for Provence. We're a family of 5 with small children and are travelling in about three weeks time. We like visiting markets, the outdoors, historic sites.
We are staying close to Orange for 5 nights (we have booked a Gite) and then plan to head to Camargue for three nights/days (nothing booked yet). We have a car. Then drive on towards Spain.
I feel like we might be missing something with this trip. Would love some feedback.
Thanks for your help
We won't necessarily do these in this order
Day 1 - Arrive
Day 2 - Pont du Gard and Nimes?? [1 hr to Pont du Gard or 1.5 hrs to Nimes each way]
Day 3 - Orange [20 min each way]
Day 4 - Gordes and Abbaye Notre Dame de Senanque [1.5 hrs each way]
Day 5 - Avignon [40 min each way]
Day 6 - Baux-de-Provence and Carrières de Lumières ?? on way to Arles. Overnight Arles [2 hrs total to Arles]
Day 7 - Camargue (Le Sambuc, Le Point de Vue, Plage de Piemanson, Domaine de la Palissade)
Day 8 - Camargue (Parc Ornithologique de Pont de Gau and overnight Stes-Maries-de-la-Mer)
Day 9 - Leave
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 New Years in France
- 2 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 3 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 4 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 5 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 6 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 7 Which Aran Island??
- 8 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 9 Trains - website?
- 10 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 11 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 12 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 13 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 14 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 15 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 16 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 17 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 18 Rome Hotel
- 19 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 20 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 21 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 22 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 23 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 24 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 25 Looking for B&B Recommendations Killarney Ireland