I will be traveling in Basque country in mid July, mostly between Bilbao and San Sebastian, and am looking for ideas on where to propose to my girlfriend. I'm looking for something private but memorable (obviously), and I'll have access to a rental car so I'll be able to visit small coastal towns/sights.
One potential place is the San Juan de Gaztelugatxe, but I'm wondering if it's too crowded most of the day to pose the question. Somewhere in SS or Bilbao, if suitable, is also a possibility, but the less foot traffic the better. Can anyone help me with suggestions or recommendations of maybe small, out of the way spots (or "secret" spots within the cities) that might be worth considering?
On another note, I've read a lot on here about parking issues in the cities, but where actually are people parking their cars? At their respective hotels, or does Bilbao/SS have other parking options within the cities? Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BELKIN ROUTER Installation Contact 1800:681:7208 BELKIN Tec*h sup0rt care
- 2 Once upon a time in Italy
- 3 2 week May trip with kids
- 4 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 5 9 day trip to France
- 6 Which Aran Island??
- 7 Sleep at Heathrow
- 8 Keukenhaf
- 9 Serious fire at Cameron House Hotel, Loch Lomond
- 10 Waze Navigation in Iteland? Or other?
- 11 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 12 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 13 CULINARY EXPLORING IN MADRID, SEVILLA, GAUCIN AND MALAGA
- 14 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 15 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 16 Annecy or Talloires or other?
- 17 Rail vs. Plane
- 18 Arezzo - how much time?
- 19 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 20 Where to See Flamenco
- 21 Netherlands- Texel
- 22 ICELAND : EAST & NORTH
- 23 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 24 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 25 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!