Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Problem booking JustAirports online (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/problem-booking-justairports-online-1016437/)

marlene_ Jun 7th, 2014 05:25 AM

Problem booking JustAirports online

My DH and I will be travelling from the States to London in two weeks. We planned on booking justairports for transportation from Heathrow to St. Katharine Docks. For the last several days when we fill in all the information on the first page and click on 'submit' -- nothing happens. We have emailed the company several times and they say it should work--it doesn't! We are fairly computer savy, so I don't think this is a user error issue. We prefer to pay the fare with our credit card and the only way to do that is to book online.

Anyone else having a similar problem??

Any alternative to justairports??

OReilly Jun 7th, 2014 05:39 AM

have you clicked on the car type?

marlene_ Jun 7th, 2014 06:00 AM

OReilly--yes, clicked on the car type.

marlene_ Jun 7th, 2014 06:00 AM

Problem solved---finally in an email I received this morning, I was told to try a different browser--had been using Internet Explorer. Bingo! Used Chrome and it worked like a charm. Who knew??

benterry Jun 8th, 2014 11:01 PM

It's great that you managed to do it but I can't understand one thing: if you e-mailed them regarding this issue why haven't they booked the car for you and then they could have just sent you a confirmation by e-mail. And yeah, Internet Explorer is really really bad as a browser.

Rubicund Jun 9th, 2014 03:53 AM

benterry, doing the deal by e-mail wouldn't have provided SSL security and the OP would have to have provided their CC details on the e-mail. Not a good idea!

janisj Jun 9th, 2014 06:06 AM

>>benterry, doing the deal by e-mail wouldn't have provided SSL security and the OP would have to have provided their CC details on the e-mail. Not a good idea!<<

I never use a cc w/ justairports since they are cheaper if you pay cash. I've never given them a cc number . . .

Various times I've booked w/ them on-line, by e-mail, and over the phone.

OReilly Jun 9th, 2014 11:45 AM

Yes, I am having more and more problems when using Explorer - just use it out of habit. however, it worked when I tried it for Justairports - might be a version issue.

I also never provided CC details when booking.

Rubicund Jun 9th, 2014 11:57 PM

Only mentioned it because the OP said that "We prefer to pay the fare with our credit card and the only way to do that is to book online".

benterry Jun 15th, 2014 12:41 AM

--doing the deal by e-mail wouldn't have provided SSL security and the OP would have to have provided their CC details on the e-mail

Or maybe not. You don't necessarily have to provide the CC details by e-mail. You can ask for a secure payment link as I'm sure they probably use a payment system (PaymentSense, PayPal)

Rubicund Jun 15th, 2014 04:01 AM

benterry, yes indeed but the OP in the original post said it wouldn't work.