Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

private villa/apartment rental from rentvillas.com

Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 09:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone recommend www.rentvillas.com? I'm exploring whether to rent a villa/apartment in Rome, Positano, Florence and Tuscany rather than booking a hotel. How has your experience been?
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 02:38 AM

I have been stayed at Rome and Flornece about one year back and at both locations I preferred apartments and the delas we get were really so affordable and loely. In Rome I booked an apartment from http://www.lodjee.com. Luckily I found the apartment I rented it was : http://www.lodjee.com/piccino-studio...rome-apartment. It was so lovely and romantic place and much clean as well. Facilities were not that much but location and pricing was quite amazing.
The second one we rented in Florence was http://www.tuscanyaccommodations.org...Apartment-243/. It was also a really great and clean wiith again such a small and affordable pricing.
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 12:13 PM

We stayed in the Tuscan region last year near a town called Montespertoli. We booked through Rentvillas and we had the most amazing time. It was everything they said and more. It was the classic Tuscan holiday. Very easy booking through them with no dramas. Definately using them when we go back.
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 05:21 PM

In 2008 we booked a Tuscan Villa through RentVillas.com and were thoroughly impressed. We had a group of 13 including five kids, so it was important to find just the right place, with a pool and individual rooms for all the couples. We narrowed down our options from searching their website and then worked with one of their travel professionals to help us find just the right place. We chose Villa Barberino, http://www.rentvillas.com/PropertyDe...x?Catalog=2773, a very cool 17th century villa with its own Chapel! I especially liked the unfiltered reviews from previous guests, providing the good and the bad in order to help with our evaluation. I would not hesitate to recommend RentVillas.com. We look forward to another adventure, this time to France, in the next couple of years.
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 09:45 PM

My wife and I own two villas in Italy which we offer through RentVillas, VRBO, TripAdvisor, etc. From an owner's perspective, RentVillas is by far the best advocate for the guest. The reason being: their service is still personal, and they take their clients' happiness very seriously. Most others are merely electronic bulletin boards that host web pages for owners. Our friends and family post lots of great things about our properties on the other sites. They can't do this on RentVillas. Only RentVillas guests can post, and Susanne (The founder and president) clears every one. When we communicate with RentVillas, our emails start, "Dear Susanne," or Patricia, or Barabara, or Kate, or Nikki, or Massimiliano... When we communicate with VRBO or Trip Advisor, or others, we fill a form at http://www.blahblah.com/, and we consider ourselves luck if we get an appropriate automated response. As will you. There simply is no comparison. 50% of the RentVillas travel advisors have been to Ityaly to check out our properties personally. That says it all. RentVillas is 'old school,' take advantage of it while it is available!!
Old Feb 25th, 2012, 05:37 AM

We rented an apartment in Positano through rentvillas.com in 2009. Our apartment looked even better than the photos, we loved it and can't say enough good things about that company. Rentvillas made the whole process simple, they are available to answer all questions about the properties and make suggestions based on your needs. We are actually renting through them again this summer. Good luck - have an amazing vacation!