Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/private-car-transportation-from-fco-to-central-rome-1460043/)

tomarkot Jul 26th, 2017 08:25 AM

Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome

We would appreciate info from recent travelers to Rome who've used a private company for transportation to Central Rome. We would like to book this ahead. Our last visit was in 2007 and we don't remember the name of the company we used.

We've checked some trip reports, and have seen romeshuttlelimousine.com mentioned in 2014. We're wondering if anyone has used them more recently or has the name of another company which they've recently used.

Thanks so much for any info!

denisea Jul 26th, 2017 03:00 PM

We used Rome Cabs and were happy with their service. You might also check with Tiber Limos.

tomarkot Jul 26th, 2017 03:09 PM

Hi Denisea,

Happy to make contact with you!

Thanks for your rec's. One of them is bound to work.

Hope things are going well for you guys. Any trips on the horizon?

HappyTrvlr Jul 26th, 2017 03:54 PM

Another good company is Rome Limousines which was recommended by Rome Cabs when they were fully booked. Excellent experience.

tomarkot Jul 26th, 2017 05:39 PM

Thanks, HappyTrvlr! Really appreciate. Interesting that Rome Cabs rec'd Rome Limousines. Even though we're not traveling 'til mid-Sept, we know that it's a busy time and it's nice to have a few options.

Pepper_von_snoot Jul 26th, 2017 06:45 PM

What do you mean by private car?

That could be taken many ways.

I don't like where this is going!

Thin aka White Chyna

bvlenci Jul 27th, 2017 12:11 PM

We've been very happy with Romeshuttlelimousine.

tomarkot Jul 27th, 2017 02:46 PM

bvlenci, thanks for sharing your satisfaction with Romeshuttlelimousine. Given your information and that of others, we're going to book our transportation tomorrow.

denisea Jul 29th, 2017 11:02 AM

Hey Tomarkot - in Pittsburgh this weekend. Gorgeous weather today.

Trips that are coming up Maui in December, Paris in April.

rbciao47 Jul 29th, 2017 02:55 PM

We've used romashuttle.com for years and have always been happy with their service. Highly recommended.

Buon viaggio,

tomarkot Jul 29th, 2017 03:12 PM

rbciao47, thanks for your info. And thanks for the "buon viaggio" wishes.

Denisea, Pittsburgh is about five hours from us. Glad you're having our great weather! Hope your weekend is fun!

We love Maui. December. . .what a nice time to visit. And Paris in April? What's not to love?

We're spending three weeks in Italy. . .only four days in Rome. Looking forward to exploring cities/towns that we've missed on a few previous trips.

Always look forward to your TR's and will be watching for them!

Leely2 Jul 31st, 2017 12:42 PM

I've used Rome Cabs many times in the past, and on my last two trips--including last week--I've used Rome Chauffeur. I believe I originally got their contact info from Rome Cabs when they were booked:

www.rome-chauffeur.com

Reliable, on time, friendly.

denisea Jul 31st, 2017 01:06 PM

Pittsburgh was great..trip report has been started!

tomarkot Aug 1st, 2017 10:39 AM

Glad you had a great time. I'll check out your TR!

buzzcolin Aug 1st, 2017 12:04 PM

Romecabsbooking.com. They picked us up in central Rome and took us to the airport. Very efficient booking system, friendly and polite driver, clean and comfortable car. It was supposed to be a shared ride but there was no-one else with us. Cost was 29 Euros. Very happy with the service!