Private boat/guide to Tangiers?

Mar 19th, 2002, 06:48 AM
Ellen

Private boat/guide to Tangiers?

My husband and I would like to take a day trip from Esteponia to Tangiers, but we don't want to deal with the bus/ferry/tour ordeal. Does anyone know of a guide with a private boat that can get us to Morocco and give a great tour, or are Americans not allowed to enter Morocco that way? I understand we still have to wait on line for the passport check, but we'd like to cut down on some of the travel time.

Mar 19th, 2002, 08:06 PM
Angel

You won't find a private boat from anywhere on the coast to Tangiers. Do yourselves a favor-don't go. If you want a great tour of Morocco, go to the interior on another trip. Tangiers is a pit.

Mar 20th, 2002, 07:30 AM
Ellen

Yes, I have heard--the Tijuana of Morocco. All the same, we are curious. May be a wasted day, but what the heck. But why no private boats? Is it a customs/passport issue? Is the two hour public ferry the only way to go?

Mar 20th, 2002, 08:11 AM
Stay

Ellen, luv, you won't find a boat because you can't just go do-wopping across the Mediterranean and land on the shores of other continents. Imagine the chaos if you could.

It will be a total waste of your time in any event..Tangiers is disgusting, and it might turn you off from revisiting the real Morocco, which isn't at all a waste of time.

If you do go, enjoy...........BLECH!

Mar 20th, 2002, 09:24 AM
Kat

Ellen

I agree with Angel and Stay in that Tangier is a pit. However, I am glad that my husband and I took our 2 sons there for a day trip when we were staying in Spain. It certainly made us appreciate life in the U.S. My youngest son still rubs his neck if you mention Tangier - he vividly remembers the chickens hanging from the ceiling in the market with their necks wrung. Be sure to bring a perfumed hankerchief, the stench in unbearable. But where else can you see a real life snake charmer and ride a camel on the beach. If you do go via ferry, try to visit bathrooms before boarding. The toilet facitlities on the ferry are beyond disgusting.

By the way, don't miss Gibraltar. The barbary apes alone are worth the visit.

Kat

Mar 20th, 2002, 12:18 PM
Ellen

Okay! 'Nuf said. Tangiers is off the itinerary. Will spend the day relaxing and eating more Tapas!