Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Printing PREM tickets (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/printing-prem-tickets-855566/)

MNsnowflake Aug 20th, 2010 12:17 PM

Printing PREM tickets

I'm trying to book tickets for the train from CDG to Avignon. The Prem fare is 112 euros for 2 at 11:00 on Oct. 4. I've tried both the TGV-Europe site and the SNCF sites, and don't get an option to print tickets. If I choose the automatic ticket option, my credit card won't work in the automatic machines. In searching past posts, I read that you can always print Prem tickets, but I don't see that option. I've used both the English and French language options. I think I read French well enough to see there's no print option.
Any advice?

Kyliebaby3 Aug 20th, 2010 12:25 PM

I recently bought Prems tickets from Brussels to Paris and then Paris to Reims, and there is an option "imprimer" in the confirmation. I can't recall what I selected to push the purchase through, but it can most definitely be done.

cocofromdijon Aug 20th, 2010 12:30 PM

Under nr1 "Choisisez comment retirer votre billet", nr 2 says "Vos références de dossiers vous seront envoyées par E-mail. Elles seront indispensables pour retirer ou imprimer vos billets." It seems you need to give your name and email to withdraw or print your tickets. Why not try that? Good luck!

LowCountryIslander Aug 20th, 2010 12:31 PM

MNsnowflake...

I had the same situation for a trip last May. I proceeded with the automatic ticket option and then just went to the ticket counter at the train station a couple days before my train trip and they printed the tickets for me or you could go to an SNCF boutique shop in the neighborhood you are staying in and ask them to print it.

Sarastro Aug 20th, 2010 12:31 PM

Have you actually successfully completed the transaction and purchased the tickets? If you have, you should be able to print the tickets with no problem.

If for some reason you are ultimately unable to print the tickets (I can´t think of any reason why not because the 112€ price for that day and time is the PREM price) you may still be able to pickup your tickets at the service window. Follow this procedure:

1. Print a copy of the reservation number and hand it to the agent at the service window.

2. You will also need to give to him, for his inspection, the credit card used in the on line transaction. He will cross check the credit card numbers with the numbers used in the on line transaction. If they match you tickets will be issued. If for any reason they do not match, you have a reissued card, he will not be able to release the tickets.

The procedure takes just minutes but there can be a line at the service window. Make sure you have sufficient time to pickup your tickets before your train departs.

Kyliebaby3 Aug 20th, 2010 12:37 PM

Are you using this website? http://www.voyages-sncf.com/ That's where I booked mine and it worked just fine.

cocofromdijon Aug 20th, 2010 12:42 PM

I tried with http://www.voyages-sncf.com/ and the option was not there, I think MN used it too. This is why I copied and pasted the indications written there.

Kyliebaby3 Aug 20th, 2010 12:45 PM

I hopped on and saw that too--very strange. I just booked our tickets like two weeks ago at most.

Perhaps selecting the option to pick them up in the station will result in them still being emailed; I'd imagine you would get a confirmation email and then try to print them from there. Otherwise, picking them up from a ticket window is a solid option.

kerouac Aug 20th, 2010 12:45 PM

Is that a round trip fare? It sounds pretty expensive for booking so far ahead of time.

Christina Aug 20th, 2010 12:56 PM

I just tried it, and you're right. It does not offer the printing option. I don't know that PREMs always have it, but I assume so as they are prepaid.

You have to make sure to not take the insurance, you must unclick it as I think that may cause problems in printing possibilities. HOwever, I did unclick it (annulation) and it still didn't offer printing.

I think this has happened before for no good reason on one particular route and time, I'd wait and keep trying for a few days. YOu can check the borne and just won't be able to do it, though, if you finally give it and buy it.

The weird thing is it does give you that option on the 2:30 TGV PREM which is even cheaper.

ahah, I figured out why by fooling around -- that involves a transfer, and one of the segments is not a PREM.

well, you'll never be able to do it, so decide to go to the ticket window or wait until 2:30 or whatever.

MNsnowflake Aug 20th, 2010 02:20 PM

Thanks all! Christina, your reply made me go back and ask for the ticket from CDG to Lyon, then separately ask for Lyon to Avignon. When I did this I was able to purchase the tickets with the same credit card transaction and print the tickets. Probably wouldn't have occurred to me to try this, so thanks so much. The 2 separate fares added up to the same amount as when I was looking for CDG to Avignon and it's the exact same train schedule.

Christina Aug 20th, 2010 02:27 PM

oh, that's good. I wasn't clear, but thought the Lyon to Avignon wasn't a PREM. So you were able to print all segments of the tickets? that's weird, but glad it worked.