Search

Printing French Passe Sanitaire

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26th, 2021, 03:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Printing French Passe Sanitaire

Hello all...

After suffering a year and a half of no travel, my wife and I have received our Moderna boosters on Friday. On Saturday we booked tickets to Paris for the spring. Monday evening we applied for our Passes Sanitaires (is that plural rights?).

This morning -- Tuesday -- the links to our passes were in our inboxes...wow!

Two questions...

1. I printed the PDFs on letter-size paper 8.5x11, shrink to fit. Would that be a problem? Should I get some A1 paper and reprint them?

2. Tougher question -- it's a long time between now and when we go. Is there an expiration date on the passes? I can't see one on them, but my French is bad. Of course, conditions could change Covid-wise, but I would appreciate any thoughts from the Fodor experts.

Thanks.
ssander
Old Oct 26th, 2021, 03:44 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
No expiration date has been announced. It's all too recent.

A printed copy on letter sized paper is fine (8½ x 11 American or A4 international). You can present it folded in 4 for convenience and you can fold it even smaller for storage. I used my printed copy for the very first time the other day when I forgot my telephone at home. From the very first day, I had put a printed copy in my wallet.

Old Oct 26th, 2021, 06:10 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, K.

Yes...it's an ever-changing situation, but as usual, you are on top of things. I was amazed we got them in less than a day. Earlier Fodorites were saying they were getting theirs at the last minute before leaving the US. It was actually a little scary this morning. They sent my wife's link to both of us. I was afraid they had messed up my application, but when I logged into my account, mine was there.

Friends think I'm nuts to book s flight so soon, but I missed Paris so much, the number of miles needed for a nonstop flight was at its lowest ever, and the thought of going in the spring will get me through the winter.

Also, there are lots of AirBnB options available this early. I've noticed they now have registration numbers, so I may book one instead of our usual hotel. Always have been reluctant to use AirBnB in Paris, though I used it in Lyon on 2019.
Old Oct 26th, 2021, 02:43 PM

ssander congratulations for getting your pass!

We leave in one week, applied the first time 19 September, nothing. Reapplied 17 October, using a different email address & I received my approval and QR code on the 22, 5 days later! Yea! However my husband…nada. Yesterday I again applied with yet another email address and have fingers crossed that he gets his approved before we depart.

Worse case scenario - he will need an antigen test when we arrive in Paris and hey, it’s Paris but there appears to be no rhyme or reason regarding the application submission or approvals. We too have had all 3 vaccinations so we’re ready!

If this is the worse snag not a problem. Just so excited to travel again.
Old Oct 26th, 2021, 02:57 PM

When we arrived in France my husband had his QR code and I only had my CDC card. That got us into restaurants till my QR code finally arrived. He showed a printout of his QR code, though I put mine on my phone and showed that at restaurants. Their phone took a photo of my phone. Some restaurants didn't ask for the code the next time we went back but one asked us to show it every time.
Old Oct 28th, 2021, 02:38 PM

Get the TousAntiCovid app from the Google app store. You can store any Covid tests and your Passe Sanitaire on that. We used ours for a month in France and it's very easy; everyone there recognizes it and they scan it as you walk in the door.
Old Oct 29th, 2021, 03:04 AM
Original Poster

SalB...

Thanks...I got it a few days ago. Before I realized there was a French covid app , I found an Irish one (I had Googled and was sent to an Irish website without realizing it). I had it all downloaded and working before I realized it was from Ireland. Then I found the TousAntiCovid and installed that on both our iPhones. Oh well, they're both EU, so now I have two that will work.

ssander