Printemps no longer has fashion shows

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 2007, 03:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just received an email reply from Pretemps on my reservation request for the Friday free fashion show. They are no longer holding fashions shows there was the reply. I am disappointed since this was one part of my B-day celebration. Oh well, I will have to find something else to do in Paris!

clea
Old Jul 2nd, 2007, 03:35 PM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
There are fashion shows at Galeries Lafayette on Friday at 3 PM according to their website.

http://tinyurl.com/2j6jj9
Old Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:00 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Nikki, my B-day falls on a Friday this year! Hope I can land some tickets.

clea
Old Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:18 PM

They put your name on a guest list. The sooner you call the better your seats. I went to the show last Fall, it was different and entertaining. Probably not what you are thinking it is though.
Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:53 AM

I imagined that many DHs were pleased by Clea's report, and then Nikki hopped in with a spoiler. Friday afternoon lost again, and maybe the shopping budget burst.
Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:49 AM

Yup, I've ruined it for all the poor guys whose wives will read this and force them to spend half an hour watching young Parisian women who expect you to stare at them openly as they strut around the room. Sorry.
Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:00 AM

Clea: do e-mail your reservation 1 month in advance of your visit.
The confirming e-mail will take about
3 wks to arrive. There is no running
commentary, just the announcement of
each designers' name when the model
appears on the runway.
Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:03 AM

Hmm. How many husbands accompany their wives to these events? Do any take the initiative in applying for reservations? Do some wives get upset at their husbands availing of the ogling opportunities? Or is it all a subtle wives' plot to allow their husbands' eyes to stray only in carefully-controlled conditions?

I think we should be told.

I have never been to a fashion show (and it shows).
Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:53 AM

At the Galleries L., the fashion show is low key and not at all like the cat walks you have seen on TV. There are men and women models, most likely walking on stage together.

One could ogle if they would like but really the idea is to look at the clothes that are for sale in the store.

Men and women are in the audience as well as mixed groups of teens, retirees, women who lunch, etc.

It is a pleasant way to spend a few hours, surely the husbands can find something to do w/o wifey for that length of time? Or hubbies can go along and hold the list of designers to keep tract so the wife can shop later.

Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:59 AM

It was a joke.

I have been to the fashion show at Galeries Lafayette. When I was there it was a group of mostly tourists, including a large school group. They handed out a program listing all the clothes, no need to take notes.

The models were attractive, however, and there was only one man.

The wedding couple fashions were black.
Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:40 AM

nikki, I did check off some of the outfits I liked and bought some of them later in the store. It is hard to remember which are which, if you are going to purchase later.

I was writing a delicate disclaimer in case clea thinks it is a sophisicated show.
Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 11:03 AM

Well, I was there with my then teenage daughter, and the outfits were all too sophisticated for us. I couldn't imagine wearing any of them, but I'm far from fashionable. We thought the black wedding thing was interesting.

The commentary was in English. The show lasted half an hour. It was the first time either of us had been to a fashion show, and we both thought it was fun.