Prices of Cds in Switzerland

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 12:25 AM
gaurav

Prices of Cds in Switzerland

Can anyone help me out with the prices of CDs,rock and jazz in Switzerland and where can they be bought real cheap...flea markets???

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 12:43 AM
Florence

A new CD runs around CHF 30 (US$ 18 at current rate). Prices vary from CHF 5 to 20 in second-hand stores or flea-markets. In Geneva, there's a flea-market every Wednesdays and Saturdays, and at least two second-hand stores nearby.

Best prices for new CDs all over Switzerland can be found at City-disk (they have outlets in almost all main train stations) and in Geneva at FNAC, rue de Rive.

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 01:01 AM
christina

hi gaurav

as i grew up in bern/switzerland....... and i'm a jazz lover....... i had to pay between 35 Sfr up to 50 Sfr for a normal jazz cd. you maybe will not find good jazz on the city-disc stores, they are speciallized for pop, rock and the current running hitparade list. but it's possible to find some jazz in second hand shops. in bern there was one in the storic center (münstergasse or rathausgasse) i don't know if it's still there. but if you stay in a hotel, they will for sure help you.

tanti saluti (now from italy)

christina

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 01:12 AM
Florence

It's true, City-Disk doesn't have much choice for jazz.

Best places in Geneva are:
Frequence Laser, Pont de la Machine, an interesting building on a bridge just in the middle of the Rhone,

Divertimento, Place du Bourg de Four, right in the middle of the Old Town,

and for jazz/ethnic music, Disco-Club, Terreaux-du-Temple, close to the train station, just above the Manor department store.

Prices in all three vary from Sfr 25 - 50.

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 01:26 AM
Ursula

Gaurav: In Zurich, you can find bargains on Saturdays at the flea market at Bürkliplatz (next to the lake, off Bahnhofstrasse) . Flea market season will start soon.
Very large choice for rock and especially jazz in Zurich is "Musik Hug" at Bahnhofstrasse, next to MacDo and Globus. Smaller branch at Limmatquai.

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 10:20 AM
GAURAV

Hi everybody,

it was very courteous of each of you to post a reply. thanks a million. drop me a mail if possible.

could anybody please let me know of the prices of these cds....50SF sound a bit expensive!!!

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 10:20 AM
GAURAV

Hi everybody,

it was very courteous of each of you to post a reply. thanks a million. drop me a mail if possible.

could anybody please let me know of the prices of these cds....50SF sound a bit expensive!!!