Priceline for hotel in Paris

Jan 6th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Original Poster

Priceline for hotel in Paris

I never used Priceline before.I wonder what my chances are if I use priceline to make a reservation for the HiltonCDG?
Has anyone tried to get this hotel using this company?
Jan 6th, 2006, 03:52 PM

There are 4 hotels at the 4-star level for CDG listed on www.biddingfortravel.com.

You could get any one of the 4. If your heart is set on the Hilton, do not use Priceline. It's really as simple as that.

I've used Priceline extensively in the US. I've never tried for Paris. I don't like the size of the zones or the hotels that can be won. There seems to be at least one bad apple in each zone. With my luck that's the one I'd win.
Jan 6th, 2006, 03:52 PM

The way Priceline works is "Name your own price" for a particular zone, at a particular star level. You won't know your hotel until you've won a bid and your credit card charged.

To know what kind of hotels are won in each zone, use biddingfortravel.com for research. Nothing's guaranteed, however.

I looked up the CDG 4* zone, and 4 hotels have been reported as winning bids, Hyatt, Dorint Sofitel, Sheraton and Hilton. But for whatever reason, there hasn't been any reported winning bids since September reported on biddingfortravel.com. Last one was the Hilton for $86 for 9/8/05; then the Sheraton for $100 on 9/1/05.
Jan 6th, 2006, 04:00 PM

You can now book a particular hotel through Priceline instead of bidding but when I checked, it looks like it's cheaper to go through the Hilton website.
Jan 6th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone, I was thinking to spend my last night in Paris there because it would be more convenient for me, considering that I have been to Paris so many times .
However, is still up in the air, I may change my mind and stay at the Bonaparte, is a very safe place for a woman traveling alone..
Jan 6th, 2006, 06:31 PM
mdk

I used Priceline last summer and got a 3-star in the LaDefence area, which is near the large collection of modern skyscrapers you see in pictures of Paris. The hotel was a 15 minute walk from the nearest Metro stop, but the RER train (different system, but it links up with the Metro at certain stops) was quick and convenient.

A lot of people balk at not staying in the center of Paris, but the RER took us to the Arc de Triumphe area in about 10 minutes. There are fewer stops on the RER, the longer distance does not always mean longer travel time.

I paid $67 per room/night at the height of summer season last year. Not bad for Paris. Priceline worked out very well for me because I had to get two rooms in most cities.
Jan 6th, 2006, 07:03 PM

KC, if you bid at the 4* level in the CDG zone, you'd be highly likely to get one of these hotels:
Hyatt Regency Paris - Charles De Gaulle
Dorint Sofitel Airport Roissy
Sheraton Paris Airport
Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport

Yesterday someone reported on the board that she got the Hilton CDG for 79 USD/night. If any of the hotels listed above would be OK with you, go ahead and bid.

If you go to www.biddingfortravel.com, scroll way down and click on France Hotels, then open the France Hotel list, and find Paris Hotels and then CDG Hotels (this sounds hard, but it's not), the name of each of the hotels above is a hot link, so you can look at the website of each of the hotels to see if they would all work for you. I would imagine that any of those listed would be safe and sound for a solo woman.

BTW, I'm not connected in any way with PL or BFT.
Jan 6th, 2006, 07:10 PM

Here's the thread with info about lincasanova's winning bid for the CDG Hilton for $79/night:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=34730878
Jan 7th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Original Poster

Thank You Betsy.
Jan 7th, 2006, 03:16 PM

Let us know what you decide to do.

Bon voyage!