Search

Hotel Bellettini

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2003, 05:07 PM
af
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Bellettini

Has anyone stayed at this hotel in Florence? All of the positive reviews stress that you stay in the annex. However, there were no annex rooms available when we booked a room for for the first week of September. I'm not sure what to expect - is the main hotel horrible?
Old Jul 15th, 2003, 05:20 PM

I just posted a rather long trip report which addressed this exact topic. We stayed in the main hotel and it was far from horrible -- good sized room, fair sized bathroom (I saw five rooms and all were pretty good, except for one single I mention in my review), very good breakfast. Not the best hotel I've ever stayed in, but far from the worst and with an awesome location. I would stay there again.
Old Jul 15th, 2003, 06:22 PM

We stayed in the annex last Nov. But we registered in the main building. It was clean, they were nice, internet avaiable at nc. Great location at 150/night includes breakfast. Plus 5 minute walk to train station.
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 06:04 AM

We stayed in the main hotel our first night and the rest of the nights in the annex this past May.

I think it depends on what room you get, our room the first night was kind of dreary and the bathroom was so tiny you had to step over the toilet to get to the shower (you couldn't even open the door all the way because the sink stopped it).

The annex was absolutely wonderful.....the best room we had the entire trip. Is there a waiting list you can get on in case there are cancellations of the annex?

Old Jul 16th, 2003, 06:40 AM
Lou

We stayed in Hotel Bellettini in 1998. This might have been before the annex was built so I presume that the portion we stayed in is now the main hotel.

The room was quite awful. Very small, cold, musty (we were there in November) and the bathroom was a joke. The bathtub was half-sized so it did not work well neither as a shower nor a bathtub. If they just installed a regular shower it would have been much better.

The breakfast was very good on the other hand and the location is great, near the Spanish Steps.

So if they got their act together since 1998 and have bigger, nicer rooms in the annex, it might be a good choice.

Lou.
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 07:29 AM

Af,
I stayed at the Hotel Bellettini in March 2003. The room was a good size, but the bathroom was very small. It was very clean though w/ complimentary soap & shampoo. There was a tv and safe in the room. Beds were comfortable. It was nothing fancy, but I thought it was just fine. There is free internet access in the lobby and the breakfast is very good with a decent selection of goodies. You can't beat the location especially if you are coming by train. It's about a 5 min. walk from the train station and even closer to the Duomo. The street below was a little noisy if you opened the windows. This was my only complaint.